Thames Closure at Chertsey Lock

magnetman

Featured Posts

Anyone thinking of a run up or down the River. Chertsey lock is closed UFN due to a detached gate anchor plate. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chertsey-lock-breakdown-2023-river-closure-notice

As far as I can tell the emergency window for passage is now over and you won't get through. 

They don't seem to have an indication of how long this might take to sort out. 

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

Anyone thinking of a run up or down the River. Chertsey lock is closed UFN due to a detached gate anchor plate. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chertsey-lock-breakdown-2023-river-closure-notice

As far as I can tell the emergency window for passage is now over and you won't get through. 

They don't seem to have an indication of how long this might take to sort out. 

The stoppages on the Northern canals are spreading!😭

2 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

The stoppages on the Northern canals are spreading!😭

Yes but the Northern part has now lost HS2 so shouldnt that money be spent on restoring the transport links to that part so restore the canal links

• 3 months later...

I've heard rumours that the CRT told a contractor whose barges are stuck the wrong side of Chertsey that it'll be closed until June. Has anyone got any more info on it? Non rumour based, preferably... EA site hasn't changed since the closure.

2 minutes ago, cheesegas said:

I've heard rumours that the CRT told a contractor whose barges are stuck the wrong side of Chertsey that it'll be closed until June. Has anyone got any more info on it? Non rumour based, preferably... EA site hasn't changed since the closure.

From Facebook image.thumb.png.ff0a8bb9d78da25dab9ee1c92577389c.png