Victron phoenix multi plus inverter

davidb

Featured Posts

On our boat we have a Victron phoenix multi plus inverter 12 2500 120 and seem to have a random fault which cuts it out maybe once a day - all three red LEDs come on at once - Overload, Low Batt and temperature.  It is in the engine room (not ideal, I know) but has not been over 40 °C since last summer. I plan to rig a fresh air duct to feed air in below it before this summer. I don't see this fault in the manual I have downloaded (can't find the actual manual on their website): https://www.victronenergy.com/Manuals/PhoenixMulti/UKISM010004000-rev08.pdf

Anyone have experience of this, please?

Victron2500.jpg.f5f9ecb665fd69bdd0dc7d4b335b14ba.jpg

Check all the connections to the terminal blocks at the bottom of the main pcb.  I have seen the soldering around these terminals degrade and cause all sorts of odd faults before they finally burn out the connections on the pcb.

• Greenie 1

For LED definitions you are better off downloading the Victron Toolkit App, not that it would help in your case as I can't see 3 red LEDs on together.

But the app does give every possible normal combination together with explanation of likely reasons.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2014/10/02/victron-toolkit-a-new-app-for-android-and-iphone-users/

Edited by pearley

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Check all the connections to the terminal blocks at the bottom of the main pcb.  I have seen the soldering around these terminals degrade and cause all sorts of odd faults before they finally burn out the connections on the pcb.

I've come access this a few times too. Remove as much of the original solder as possible. Reflow the solder on those joints with good quality solder and flux, clean off with isopropyl.