My log book

LadyG

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Brilliant. Ive only ever seen one and that doesnt really count as it was very flat in the middle of the road (IoW too) 

These were very much alive 🤣🤣🤣

Saw some at Bembridge and then another lot at Fort Victoria. Both excellent places to stop with the van.

• Happy 1

14 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Brilliant. Ive only ever seen one and that doesnt really count as it was very flat in the middle of the road (IoW too) 

I know I am boasting but until about a year ago Reds were daily visitors to our garden.  Then they suddenly stopped.

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I know I am boasting but until about a year ago Reds were daily visitors to our garden.  Then they suddenly stopped.

Wow.Thats very lucky- cant imagine having them visit regulary.

I was chuffed to bits with my little black visitor.

Been lucky to see a red squirrel in Essex a few weeks ago on one of the Islands with a drivable causeway. Saw several at Brownsea Island not too long ago.

Used to see  many Bullfinches as they nibbled through the almond blossom but rare now 😡 .  But whatever happened to the large numbers of greenfinches? Haven’t seen one for years now. 

we enjoy keeping a log, but don’t record numbers of wildlife, it’s enough remembering hours travelled working out lock numbers and miles daily 🤣

10 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Been lucky to see a red squirrel in Essex a few weeks ago on one of the Islands with a drivable causeway. Saw several at Brownsea Island not too long ago.

Used to see  many Bullfinches as they nibbled through the almond blossom but rare now 😡 .  But whatever happened to the large numbers of greenfinches? Haven’t seen one for years now. 

we enjoy keeping a log, but don’t record numbers of wildlife, it’s enough remembering hours travelled working out lock numbers and miles daily 🤣

Greenfinches have been particularly badly hit by Trichomonosis a parasitic disease which has killed many and can be spread through bird feeders not being disinfected often enough.

11 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

I thought this was a log on the Selby Canal until it started waving its flippers about 😀

20230219_124051.jpg