Minor Forum Software Update - 8th February 2023

RichM

Featured Posts

We have updated the forum software to the latest version of Invision to apply various software bug & security fixes. This is not a major release although some minor differences may be noticed. However, the overall look, feel and functionality of the site remains unchanged with exception to the gallery. I'm aware of some design glitches with this and will provide a further update once resolved. Should you encounter any oddities beyond this, please first clear your browser cache and if the issue remains, do let us know.

Many thanks

52 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Thank you, just a small question, what does the crescent moon icon that's appeared on the top of the screen, nothing seems to happen when I press it

If I press and hold on it on my tablet I get this.

Screenshot_20230212-080758_Chrome.jpg

56 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Thank you, just a small question, what does the crescent moon icon that's appeared on the top of the screen, nothing seems to happen when I press it

I would have guessed it would switch to dark mode but it doesn't.  Everything has a dark mode these days.

11 minutes ago, M_JG said:

If I press and hold on it on my tablet I get this.

Screenshot_20230212-080758_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

What do you get if you press and hold any of the others? 

Well I've discovered something new but as young Rusty has pointed out not what that specific button does, ta anyway 

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I would have guessed it would switch to dark mode but it doesn't.  Everything has a dark mode these days.

Yup that's what I assumed 

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Well I've discovered something new but as young Rusty has pointed out not what that specific button does, ta anyway 

Yup that's what I assumed 

When I just tap it I get a very brief flash on the screen like when you refresh the page but nothing else at all seems to happen as you say.

5 hours ago, tree monkey said:

This should be gone now, sorry.

It's not really necessary as members can make it dark by choosing darker colours by clicking on the colour palette. 

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

Is there any chance of the forum accepting uploads of .HEIC s?

As browser support for it is just about zero it would seem a rather odd thing to implement. Unless you'd expect the forum software to convert it on the fly