Small propane (orange) gas cylinders - 3.9kg

Ian on Leo

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, MartynG said:

Slight concern that autogas availability is in decline 

image.png.e7e80e8b3a686514a682e6a2ceaa6e73.png

Also not sure how you go about filling an autogas bottle that is not fitted in a vehicle .

Unless you are suggesting refilling a gaslow cylinder from a larger butane or propane cylinder ?

There is a Safe fill connection for refuelling at LPG stations.

I do think that the availability "concern" that some people bandy around is a bit of a none issue.

There are plenty of places that sell it when you look. There is an excellent app MyLPG which shows outlets.

40 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

There is a Safe fill connection for refuelling at LPG stations.

I do think that the availability "concern" that some people bandy around is a bit of a none issue.

There are plenty of places that sell it when you look. There is an excellent app MyLPG which shows outlets.

The ''my lpg''  app indicates Shell was removing LPG from its  stations (two years ago)

However there are some motorhome/caravan retailers who appear to offer a filing service for cylinders . So it does  sound like there are likely to be opportunities to fill cylinders .

image.png.806db35826fd71568aa2b08b19f8ed18.png

Edited by MartynG

When you delve into the details, and the reason why some garage forecourts get jittery about customers self-filling gas bottles (instead of putting it into an LPG car), their regulations/T&Cs REQUIRE that the bottle has a device to prevent over-filling. Note, the BOTTLE itself, not the user following some printed out instructions off the internet with a set of scales into an old Calor bottle. By requiring that the bottle shuts off, its a step closer to "foolproof".

30 minutes ago, Paul C said:

When you delve into the details, and the reason why some garage forecourts get jittery about customers self-filling gas bottles (instead of putting it into an LPG car), their regulations/T&Cs REQUIRE that the bottle has a device to prevent over-filling. Note, the BOTTLE itself, not the user following some printed out instructions off the internet with a set of scales into an old Calor bottle. By requiring that the bottle shuts off, its a step closer to "foolproof".

Which is what I said...

28 minutes ago, IanD said:

Which is what I said...

Ffs. It wasnt a challenge...

You can be tiresome, really tiresome at times.

'Yes I said it first'

'No you are wrong, I am right'

'I am not trying to prove anything'

Have you ever considered just stepping back sometimes and just not posting a response to a post that doesn't actually need one?

16 hours ago, MartynG said:

The ''my lpg''  app indicates Shell was removing LPG from its  stations (two years ago)

However there are some motorhome/caravan retailers who appear to offer a filing service for cylinders . So it does  sound like there are likely to be opportunities to fill cylinders .

image.png.806db35826fd71568aa2b08b19f8ed18.png

Yet the Shell garages at Woodall services still sell LPG :rolleyes:

It was also widely reported that BP were stopping selling it. Yet our local station in North Anston is a BP garage and they have no intention of getting rid of their pump.

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Yet the Shell garages at Woodall services still sell LPG :rolleyes:

It was also widely reported that BP were stopping selling it. Yet our local station in North Anston is a BP garage and they have no intention of getting rid of their pump.

But are they just franchise and not company owned 

When I was a student who had just bought himself a Ronson gas cigarette lighter, I had a graphic illustration of the sort of problem that can arise with butane. I opened the drawer of the desk where I kept the butane refill, and, leaving the drawer open, proceeded to refill the lighter, standing it on the edge of the desk above the open drawer.  Clearly I must have left the tank pressed down for too long, as when I tried out the lighter, the invisible  heavier-than-air butane that had  overflowed into  the drawer, promptly ignited, briefly turning the drawer into a fire pit and singeing the edges of some of the papers in the drawer before it went out.  Lesson learned! 

Edited by Ronaldo47
typos