marina sold

denboy

Featured Posts

Just read that kings bromley marina has been sold to nottingham castle marina,, the owners when they took over castle marina put the moorings up by 23 % and the following year by 12% i suspect they will do likewise at kings bromley

Just read that kings bromley marina has been sold to nottingham castle marina,, the owners when they took over castle marina put the moorings up by 23 % and the following year by 12% i suspect they will do likewise at kings bromley

someones obviously let slip that boaters have bottomless pockets.

the folk at castle dont own it (used to) rumor has it a couple of banking brothers own it as well as some marinas on the south coast

Castle Marinas are now part of a property and development company www.castlemore.co.uk and are approaching every marina they can find apparantly with tempting offers. They have also bought Wigrams Turn and one at Buckden -and are negotiating on others. They even approached me - and I have only 40 moorings.

Look out for another BWML!

Paul H

Castle also increased the minimum berth length fee to 30ft from 26ft

I was paying £160 per quarter for my 18 it went up to £242 per quarter in one hit :blink:

Thats an increase of over 50% !!!

So if your marina has been taken over by Castle beware !

You'd have thought Castle marina would have been empty ? But its full of boats that don't move !

Castle also increased the minimum berth length fee to 30ft from 26ftI was paying £160 per quarter for my 18 it went up to £242 per quarter in one hit :( Thats an increase of over 50% !!!So if your marina has been taken over by Castle beware !You'd have thought Castle marina would have been empty ? But its full of boats that don't move !
I have called in at castle marina for a pump out its a joke! the marina is so full you have to be an expert skipper to negotiate the massed ranks of boats, they have also taken over the bank moorings outside the marina which were free before now i think they are £5 a night to moor could be more ive heard.So yes castle is a real money pit you just need to keep throwing money in all the time. The poor sods who are ransomed in there have my sympathy cos the surrondings never get any better every time i go past, the drunks and druggies seem well settled in that area and we try to get thro in daylight hours with a quick nip into sainsbugs and get out onto the magnificent river trent, i may pay BW top dollar for my Sawley mooring but i am happy with the services and controls that we agree to and i know that i wont have to buy my boat from them or else im out as per some marina,s a lar caravan site rules
Castle also increased the minimum berth length fee to 30ft from 26ftI was paying £160 per quarter for my 18 it went up to £242 per quarter in one hit ;) Thats an increase of over 50% !!!So if your marina has been taken over by Castle beware !You'd have thought Castle marina would have been empty ? But its full of boats that don't move !
I have called in at castle marina for a pump out its a joke! the marina is so full you have to be an expert skipper to negotiate the massed ranks of boats, they have also taken over the bank moorings outside the marina which were free before now i think they are £5 a night to moor could be more ive heard.So yes castle is a real money pit you just need to keep throwing money in all the time. The poor sods who are ransomed in there have my sympathy cos the surrondings never get any better every time i go past, the drunks and druggies seem well settled in that area and we try to get thro in daylight hours with a quick nip into sainsbugs and get out onto the magnificent river trent, i may pay BW top dollar for my Sawley mooring but i am happy with the services and controls that we agree to and i know that i wont have to buy my boat from them or else im out as per some marina,s a lar caravan site rules

• 1 month later...
Castle Marinas are now part of a property and development company www.castlemore.co.uk and are approaching every marina they can find apparantly with tempting offers. They have also bought Wigrams Turn and one at Buckden -and are negotiating on others. They even approached me - and I have only 40 moorings.

Paul H

Ventnor Farm have just sold out to them.

More likely that BWML sell everything to them at a knock down price. "Best value" I believe it was called when Tories were lining their mates' pockets.

This lot will have a new buzz word, but it will amount to the same thing.

More likely that BWML sell everything to them at a knock down price. "Best value" I believe it was called when Tories were lining their mates' pockets.

This lot will have a new buzz word, but it will amount to the same thing.

Whats BWML

Castlemore aparantly offered shed loads of money for Kings Bromley marina.

• 4 weeks later...

What a load of bitter people you are! The guy who started this post (who sadly has my surname) wants everything for nothing and at the time of writing this he enjoys mooring free at the courtesy of the Scouts!

Everything in this day and age has a price and Marina's are not excluded. After all we can always cruise! Most of the people managing the day to day operations of the Marina actually live onboard in the Marina and are committed boaters and many if not most boats go out on the canal regulary.

If its too expensive then why are there so many residing in the Marina? I just get wound up by certain individuals who want evreything for nothing.

And by the way, inform your accounts and corresponents that you do not reside in the Marina as I am fed up of being your post man. Maybe I should charge you?

What a load of bitter people you are! The guy who started this post (who sadly has my surname) wants everything for nothing and at the time of writing this he enjoys mooring free at the courtesy of the Scouts!

Lucky him... free moorings, groovy

Everything in this day and age has a price and Marina's are not excluded. After all we can always cruise! Most of the people managing the day to day operations of the Marina actually live onboard in the Marina and are committed boaters and many if not most boats go out on the canal regulary.

If its too expensive then why are there so many residing in the Marina? I just get wound up by certain individuals who want evreything for nothing.

I think you will find that people are leaving Kings Bromley, I don't think anyone would find acceptable the huge increece in fees that Castlemore have implimented.

And by the way, inform your accounts and corresponents that you do not reside in the Marina as I am fed up of being your post man. Maybe I should charge you?

No i dont want everything for nothing i want to pay a fair price for a fair product and ive just heard the price is going up another 11% that makes an increase of around 60 % in a year i wish i could just hype up my wages by 60% in just over a year

The problem with one company taking over potentially numerous marinas, particularly if they are in the same area, is that they will then have a virtual monopoly on mooring spaces in that area. Then they may well be of the opinion that they can charge what they like! :o

Bitter bitter ain't the word !

and you should be careful about slinging insults around !

Maybe your a high roller and can afford the highly inflated prices but many of us are not and can't !

Out of interest where did you take your boat for your holidays this year ?

Most of the people managing the day to day operations of the Marina actually live onboard in the Marina and are committed boaters and many if not most boats go out on the canal regulary.

If its too expensive then why are there so many residing in the Marina?

So the few residential moorings are just for the people who work at the marina... I doubt very much if it's too expensive for them.... company mooring discount anyone??

Bit worrying this news; I was reliably told that there are over 2000 marina berths in the Napton area. If these people have bought Wigrams and now Ventnor farm, then they must own best part of 1500 berths. Only leaves Calcutt and they are pricey.

Seems like I had best be moving on !!

Happy mooring

Petro