Boat Moving

Dozee

Featured Posts

Hi all

I had been speaking with a company to move my nb at the beginning of March from Surrey to Essex, I have been trying to contact them to get confirmation  of this happening but have been unable to make contact, which is not inspiring me with confidence, have found another company a little bit more but can still complete my time frame, whats your thoughts on this.

Regards

Robert

Be aware that the Thames  river is effectively closed until the end of March (if you need to use it or cross it ) to get from A to B (no clue as to where the boat is).

Apologies if you've already done the research - but you were'nt that specific...

7 hours ago, Dozee said:

Hi all

I had been speaking with a company to move my nb at the beginning of March from Surrey to Essex, I have been trying to contact them to get confirmation  of this happening but have been unable to make contact, which is not inspiring me with confidence, have found another company a little bit more but can still complete my time frame, whats your thoughts on this.

Regards

Robert

Are you looking for a boat mover or to have it taken by lorry?

Edited by Tim Lewis

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

Are you looking for a boat mover or to have it taken by lorry?

I too was wondering this as Essex is a pretty big place, so I was just browsing the map to see where in Essex one might moor a narrowboat. 

River Crouch perhaps, or round the back of Canvey Island mebbe.

34 minutes ago, MtB said:

I too was wondering this as Essex is a pretty big place, so I was just browsing the map to see where in Essex one might moor a narrowboat. 

River Crouch perhaps, or round the back of Canvey Island mebbe.

The River Stort is the Essex border, and Roydon Marina is inside the Essex border

It is going by water to Roydon marina, I have been speaking to another Helm about the move, it's the lack of contact and updates that concern me about using remote, I understand things happen, but a quick one liner would go a long way. Being taken via brentford not down to Limehouse on the thames.

Edited by Dozee
Grammar and auto text

15 minutes ago, Dozee said:

it's the lack of contact and updates that concern me about using remote, I understand things happen, but a quick one liner would go a long way.

Me too. If they can't be bothered to respond to you before you engage them and give them money (and your boat), I would suggest they are even less likely to afterwards. 

• 1 month later...