Toilet Seat How much !!

christophert

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Big 3D printer?

I would have thought it would be ideal for such low volume jobs.

Was the original destroyed by a large volume job? Or blast damage? I don't understand the need to change, what can go wrong. I have a c200, can't see why I would ever need to replace the seat.

21 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Was the original destroyed by a large volume job? Or blast damage? I don't understand the need to change, what can go wrong. I have a c200, can't see why I would ever need to replace the seat.

I think the OP implies it was scratched and discoloured. I know they can go a horrible shade of dark cream/light brown that looks  as if you have not cleaned them.

Oh for the now no longer available Dometic/Sealand Vacuflush.

In 5 years of 6 months livaboard and then 6 months away the only problems we had were: 

1/ resestablishing the clam seal after the 6 months downtime, my first job, scraping around the seal,  after stepping back onboard while Val made a trip out to buy essential food supplies. Not the best task to face after a 26 hour air journey.    Took a couple of hours and a couple of cassette worth of flushes until we found adding white vinegar to olive oil in the bowl before we departed stopped that lime build up.

2/ Getting a replacement cap for one left behind in a sanitary station somewhere. Cheaper by a 3 pack from Leesan delivered  to the next CART regional office.

3/ A toilet seat hinge broke but B&Q had spares for couple of quid, 

4/ One of the three cassettes lost vacuum , so it was a good idea to use the switch just behind the toilet to turn it off before you retired to bed to avoid, first the vacuum pump and then the occupants of the bed above  waking up every three hours or so. 

Other then that it was a great piece of kit for a boat loo.