Overwater and Anderton Marinas

Featured Posts

We have narrowed our choice of home bases for next year down to two.
We are looking at Overwater Marina and Anderton Marina.
I am looking for customer feedback for these two marinas from shared ownership boats.
Particularly their engineering and turnaround capabilities.
Can anyone help us please?

14 hours ago, Simon (Hawksmoor) said:
I am looking for customer feedback for these two marinas from shared ownership boats.

In my 22 years of shared ownership befors getting my own boat, I found that marinas with a hire fleet were much better at responding to urgent repair work than those without.

Whilst I have no direct experience of either base you mention,  Anderton is an ABC base and their Gayton base looked after us very well.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

18 hours ago, Simon (Hawksmoor) said:

Hello Simon,

No shared boat experience at Anderton - but experience of using their facilities over many years and always found them very good.

I have been a shared boat owner for many years with Ownerships - we  based Winthorpe  at Overwater for 3 years up to 4 years or so ago - and found them excellent. Very good facilities including in house engineers and workshop, who can also provide turnaround inspections,  a good valet cleaner if required provided by a local contractor, and  and a Hire base on site. The only slight downside is that if turning right out of the marina on start day you almost immediately have to tackle the Audlem locks which for some can be a pain until they are into their boating rhythm, although personally it wasn't an issue, and  the marina is conveniently situated to give a variety of routes.

I am sure you would not be disappointed if you chose Overwater.

Regards

Howard

Edited by howardang
  • Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you've still not decided we have a mooring available on offside at Middlewich Wharf. Secure, all facilities on site. Engineering, dry dock, pump out, Elsan, diesel, joinery, chandlery etc etc. Available from Sept 1st.

We operate both the wharf and hire fleet (floating holidays).

Paul.

Unfortunately my fellow owners voted to stay at Great Haywood for a 13th successive year! I despair of ever getting out of the midlands.

May have to consider selling my share and buying into another boat elsewhere.

But with my luck they will immediately relocate to the midlands!

On 30/08/2021 at 12:01, Simon (Hawksmoor) said:

Unfortunately my fellow owners voted to stay at Great Haywood for a 13th successive year! I despair of ever getting out of the midlands.

We met some owners of Hatherton last month who had done exactly that. Sold their share to move to somewhere near Braunston only to find Hatherton was relocating to the same marina.

On 30/08/2021 at 12:01, Simon (Hawksmoor) said:

When we had a similar situation after 3 years at Stockton Top, I suggested the my fellow owners vote now to move the following year and decide where to moor at fhe next owners meeting.

Somewhat to my surprise those present voted almost unanimously to move the following year.