Oh dear!

MrsM

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Athy said:

No, it's an abbreviation for "typographical errors, so the apostrophe is correct.

I'm not sure about starting a sentence with a preposition., or a determiner, or do I mean a pronoun? 

Edited by LadyG

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It is a funding 'platform for creators and artists allowing them to get a monthly income'.

Ah, usually known as a "Patron", does the extra "e" mean they will give "e"xtra money?

9 hours ago, Athy said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I will add that I am no stranger to "typo's" myself.

Hmm. Are they typos, typo's, typoes, or what? (BTW, I think you are correct).

8 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Afraid I must disagree with you there.   Apostrophes are not generally used to indicate abbreviations, except minor contractions (thro',  we've)  but 'typo' is now a word in itself.  Two ex-teachers, neither of English, crossing swords!  ?

Typos then!

Edited by Machpoint005

On 27/04/2021 at 07:48, robtheplod said:

How about making vlogs about the experience... lots seem to do it and earn good money...

Lots seem to do it, I suspect not many make good money, these days they need decent audio kit, and probably a strong personna or some other usp. I sponsor one guy, $1 pcm, , he has less than 5K subscribers, and at one stage was pretty much at end of financial tether,  so even though he is quite talented, his channel is not particularly popular. 

There are quite a few who have given up, thankfully. 

Edited by LadyG

14 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I thought you taught French.    Of course apostrophes are much less common in French, but I'm on shaky ground there.........

...and English. My degree is in English, my teaching diploma in French.

Ample apostrophes in both languages.