Moving to tier 2 area

Kalapattar

Featured Posts

Ridiculous changing Herefordshire to T1, not only is it next to Wales, it's also plateauing in case levels(ie, just about to start rising again).

Bristol down to T2 but South Bristol and Gloucs stay in T3.....they share the same hospital and ambulance services...ridiculous.

The.Govs decision making is getting worse, legal threats against councils shutting schools, and then announcing delayed openings after Christmas...ie shut. No doubt Grant Sch(n)apps will be threatening the train companies later as they cut services due to Covid absences

4 hours ago, cuthound said:

With effect from 00.01 on Saturday 19th December 2020:

Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Peterborough, Gosport, Havent, Hastings & Rother, Surrey (except Waverley) move into Tier 3.

Bristol and North Somerset move down to Tier 2.

Herefordshire moves down to Tier 1

Does anybody know why Waverley escaped the move into Tier 3?

Its a mere borough with a population of only 125,000???

Stratford upon Avon Council will not be happy - I read they have their legal boffins on the case - lumped in with others who have higher cases when they have very low cases....

This tier system is a bit of a joke now - nobody, and I mean nobody i talk to in my work or friends (and my wife is finding the same) now adhere to it as it makes no sense. Everyone seems to publicly state they are following guidelines but actually are carrying on their lives as normal as possible - keeping low key, making adult decisions for themselves about risk.

Edited by robtheplod

2 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

Apart from the knob heads getting £10k fines for having huge parties.

Yes they are knobheads indeed...... but they are the minority, and these are the ones the police are interested in, not the other adults going about their quiet lives.

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Stratford upon Avon Council will not be happy - I read they have their legal boffins on the case - lumped in with others who have higher cases when they have very low cases....

This tier system is a bit of a joke now - nobody, and I mean nobody i talk to in my work or friends (and my wife is finding the same) now adhere to it as it makes no sense. Everyone seems to publicly state they are following guidelines but actually are carrying on their lives as normal as possible - keeping low key, making adult decisions for themselves about risk.

Yep Stratford is quite low, it would have helped us as the boat comes under Stratford, even though we would be breaking the guidance to get there.

The boundaries are a bit tough, at home we are in Solihull tier 3, but are about half a mile from the border with Bromsgrove which is tier 2.  Depending on which supermarket we go to we drive from tier 3 to tier 2 for the few hundred yards, then back to tier 3.  In the stretch of tier 2 there is a pub (the Drawbridge by Shirley lift bridge on the North StrAtford) and of course that pub is open even though the other side of the road is tier 3.  They have a bouncer on the door, presumably checking ID as no one from tier 3 is allowed in.

If Stratford had gone to tier 2, again we are about half a mile from the boundary, and again there is a pub there that would have been able to open.  That would have been even more frustrating.

6 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Yep Stratford is quite low, it would have helped us as the boat comes under Stratford, even though we would be breaking the guidance to get there.

The boundaries are a bit tough, at home we are in Solihull tier 3, but are about half a mile from the border with Bromsgrove which is tier 2.  Depending on which supermarket we go to we drive from tier 3 to tier 2 for the few hundred yards, then back to tier 3.  In the stretch of tier 2 there is a pub (the Drawbridge by Shirley lift bridge on the North StrAtford) and of course that pub is open even though the other side of the road is tier 3.  They have a bouncer on the door, presumably checking ID as no one from tier 3 is allowed in.

If Stratford had gone to tier 2, again we are about half a mile from the boundary, and again there is a pub there that would have been able to open.  That would have been even more frustrating.

attending your boat to winterise/carry out urgent maintenance is permitted.... :)

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

attending your boat to winterise/carry out urgent maintenance is permitted.... :)

Sort of yes, but it is already winterised.  If its in tier 2 you can actually use it (if you ignore the getting there), that's the big difference.

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

Ridiculous changing Herefordshire to T1, not only is it next to Wales, it's also plateauing in case levels(ie, just about to start rising again).

Bristol down to T2 but South Bristol and Gloucs stay in T3.....they share the same hospital and ambulance services...ridiculous.

The.Govs decision making is getting worse, legal threats against councils shutting schools, and then announcing delayed openings after Christmas...ie shut. No doubt Grant Sch(n)apps will be threatening the train companies later as they cut services due to Covid absences

I am not sure where you got that from, but it bears only a passing resemblence to the actual situation. The only local Authority area around Bristol to remain in tier three is South Gloucestershire (Formerly Kingswood and Northavon) all the others are either already in Tier 2 or will be moved into Tier 2 on Friday. Bristol is one Local Authority area so reference to South Bristol is a myth. There are three General Hospitals serving the area, the  BRI is in the centre of Bristol, and Southmead covers North Bristol and South Gloucestershire, there is also the RUH in Bath which will serve some patients from the area.