What are the 5 most useful items..

SCL

Featured Posts

After finally taking the plunge to buy a boat am intrigued about what are the most useful items or gadgets you can’t do without. Battery monitoring, condensation control, solar lamp, chocolate...? 

I wonder if a breadmaker would be worthwhile?

Does it need a lot of excited e's?

My best purchases are:

A good rucksack, food fuel, firewood, laundry. It's about forty years old now.

A super quality, modern companion set, Ebay £27.50

A set of heavy saucepans from ALDI £89.99

Winter boots, Ebay offer £65.00 

Bug zapper, like a tennis raquet, cheapo shop £3.50

Yet to be tested for a full winter on the cut

Bahco smallish Bow Saw

Winter grip things like crampons, but fit over your winter boots for walking on icy surfaces,

I also have two very cosy coats, one was £100 (that was half price) from Mountain Warehouse, even the hood is warm, recently I was in Edinburgh Woolen Mill closing down sale and got a lovely warm jacket reduced to clear from £50to £20, it's very smart.

Edited by LadyG

12 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I wonder if a breadmaker would be worthwhile?

Does it need a lot of excited e's?

time as well to draw those excited e’s, think ours has a “rapid” setting to knock out certain loaves in about 2hrs, but normally you’re looking at 4hrs for a loaf or 45mins for pizza dough.

25 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

time as well to draw those excited e’s, think ours has a “rapid” setting to knock out certain loaves in about 2hrs, but normally you’re looking at 4hrs for a loaf or 45mins for pizza dough.

So it just makes dough, huh, that's the easy bit, I thought it would bake the bread?

UPDATE

Yep it bakes and makes all sorts of things, but the one I looked at needs 580watts and I only have a 375 invertor.

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

So it just makes dough, huh, that's the easy bit, I thought it would bake the bread?

no, it can make dough of several types depending on recipe, which is a quicker cycle.

it will bake you a finished loaf, which is a longer cycle. it does involve a lot of resting during that time so unsure of the power draw at those points.