Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Thomas C King

Tea Leafs - What Have You Had Nicked?

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

 I think your thinking about a different couple as they don’t look split up to me. So why do you still do that slow trip up the flight so often and still moan if it’s that bad? 😂

 

He has to recharge his batteries somewhere ... :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

 I think your thinking about a different couple as they don’t look split up to me. So why do you still do that slow trip up the flight so often and still moan if it’s that bad? 😂

To attend Richard's parties and music events  once this year and 3 times last year, the rest of the year I go the electric lock route. As for the couple they have told Simon that they have split and someone on this moorings 

5 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

 

He has to recharge his batteries somewhere ... :D

 

Don't have a mains charger mate no need for one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, peterboat said:

To attend Richard's parties and music events  once this year and 3 times last year, the rest of the year I go the electric lock route. As for the couple they have told Simon that they have split and someone on this moorings 

Don't have a mains charger mate no need for one

I honestly think you’ve got it wrong as they looked far from split up this afternoon and if they ever did I wouldn’t discuss it on here. Take it easy.

Edited by PD1964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PD1964 said:

And how many years ago was that?

2000 to 2005, I don't believe you were in Sheffield then but I may be wrong. In those days the moorings were controlled by CRT, not someone selling boats and offering moorings as a perk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

2000 to 2005, I don't believe you were in Sheffield then but I may be wrong. In those days the moorings were controlled by CRT, not someone selling boats and offering moorings as a perk. 

No such thing as CRT in them days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, noddyboater said:

2000 to 2005, I don't believe you were in Sheffield then but I may be wrong. In those days the moorings were controlled by CRT, not someone selling boats and offering moorings as a perk. 

Things have changed since then with hardly any boat sales and the Basin full with moorers non of which bought a boat from there with a perk. 
  Where do you moore now?

Edited by PD1964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Things have changed since then with hardly any boat sales and the Basin full with moorers non of which bought a boat from there with a perk. 
  Where do you moore now?

I'm not saying things were run any better in the old days, it depended who you knew at BW!

There was a posh new barge in there from day one after reopening,  taking up a prominent spot that could easily take 2 narrow boats, it was 9' wide. 

It was there years and ended up looking a right state, it was never used. Turned out it had never had a licence or paid for the mooring, eventually got towed down to Tinsley and dumped there when there was a change in local management at BW.

I realised it wasn't worth putting up with everything just so I could walk to work, after a Christmas break on the Chesterfield I swapped my mooring for one at Stockwith basin, and what a refreshing change!

I did return to Sheffield years later and moored at J Wilson's Yard,  at least there the thieves and scrotes were more often on the other side of the canal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, noddyboater said:

I'm not saying things were run any better in the old days, it depended who you knew at BW!

There was a posh new barge in there from day one after reopening,  taking up a prominent spot that could easily take 2 narrow boats, it was 9' wide. 

It was there years and ended up looking a right state, it was never used. Turned out it had never had a licence or paid for the mooring, eventually got towed down to Tinsley and dumped there when there was a change in local management at BW.

I realised it wasn't worth putting up with everything just so I could walk to work, after a Christmas break on the Chesterfield I swapped my mooring for one at Stockwith basin, and what a refreshing change!

I did return to Sheffield years later and moored at J Wilson's Yard,  at least there the thieves and scrotes were more often on the other side of the canal. 

It has got better at Sheffield, I think Peter’s gripe is just with Sheffield generally as he lives in Rotherham. Jonathan’s yard has been robbed a few times in the last few years sorry to say. Three boats and the sheds, the last only a few weeks ago, so on statistics the basin is safer as Peters was the last. He always fails to mention his boat was left open as the doors wouldn’t close due to the wood swelling, so more of a walk in then break in😂 Sheffield is good if you like city life as it’s so close to the centre and there’s always things to do, but hard work if you want to use the boat often and just escape for the weekend. It’s getting better, but Peter will still slate it and still visit more often then most by boat and car. Good luck.

Edited by PD1964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PD1964 said:

It has got better at Sheffield, I think Peter’s gripe is just with Sheffield generally as he lives in Rotherham. Jonathan’s yard has been robbed a few times in the last few years sorry to say. Three boats and the sheds, the last only a few weeks ago, so on statistics the basin is safer as Peters was the last. He always fails to mention his boat was left open as the doors wouldn’t close due to the wood swelling, so more of a walk in then break in😂 Sheffield is good if you like city life as it’s so close to the centre and there’s always things to do, but hard work if you want to use the boat often and just escape for the weekend. It’s getting better, but Peter will still slate it and still visit more often then most by boat and car. Good luck.

 

1 hour ago, noddyboater said:

One of the problems with the boat yard that hasn't changed since I left is people can't be bothered to lock the gates behind them!

 

Actually Martins boats was the last to be broken into about 10 mins after mine, the door was closed on mine and locked on his! Jayne   couldnt operate the lock, however why was the scumbag trying doors? Johnathons breakin was a proper job the gates wernt open and neither were the sheds. No matter how you paint it the basin at night has plenty of thieves wandering about stealing Moggy pickups etc remember that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, peterboat said:

 

Actually Martins boats was the last to be broken into about 10 mins after mine, the door was closed on mine and locked on his! Jayne   couldnt operate the lock, however why was the scumbag trying doors? Johnathons breakin was a proper job the gates wernt open and neither were the sheds. No matter how you paint it the basin at night has plenty of thieves wandering about stealing Moggy pickups etc remember that one?

No it hasn’t Peter, you see it’s that Rotherham chip on your shoulder again. If your worried about your Moggy pickup why don’t you take it away? Or at least get all the people that drive around in it to lock it, Martins boat wasn’t locked also according to Charlotte as it was being fitted out. You need to get rid of this Sheffield Rotherham thing even your friends here say the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

No it hasn’t Peter, you see it’s that Rotherham chip on your shoulder again. If your worried about your Moggy pickup why don’t you take it away? Or at least get all the people that drive around in it to lock it, Martins boat wasn’t locked also according to Charlotte as it was being fitted out. You need to get rid of this Sheffield Rotherham thing even your friends here say the same.

Yet things don't get nicked here? Its not my moggy pickup either its Richard's and wasn't his Bar broken into as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Yet things don't get nicked here? Its not my moggy pickup either its Richard's and wasn't his Bar broken into as well?

Peter nobody is bothered, everyone knows you’ve have a gripe with Sheffield, no boats have been broken into since you left yours open while you were in the pub. If it was that bad then why is there a waiting list for moorings? As Richard says your not doing him any favours with your gripe. If it’s so bad next time you visit ask if you can moor in the yard😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

Peter nobody is bothered, everyone knows you’ve have a gripe with Sheffield, no boats have been broken into since you left yours open while you were in the pub. If it was that bad then why is there a waiting list for moorings? As Richard says your not doing him any favours with your gripe. If it’s so bad next time you visit ask if you can moor in the yard😂

I was just talking to Richard never mentioned a word about it strange that, but they were celebrating when you went on holiday!

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2020 at 17:40, ditchcrawler said:

I was in the shower moored on the Thames when someone nicked the bike off the roof about 4 pm. He dropped it when he realised not only was there no seat but the handlebars were 90 deg to the front wheel.

Where?

 

On 19/09/2020 at 10:08, Scholar Gypsy said:

Fingers crossed, so far only a tin of Double Diamond. (That was a beer, for the younger members on here, though some might disagree).

An antique now Simon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2020 at 14:25, PD1964 said:

If it’s so crap why is it full and people have moved from Tulley’s to there and feel more safe? 😂There’s drug dealing everywhere these days especially in quiet locations.

 Also why do you bother coming up so often if it’s crap?😂(you know your ok to visit anytime) Since you had things taken from your boat there has been at least three beak ins of boats and garages/sheds at the boat yard and non in the basin and the Yard is more secure. The most recent last Bank Holiday Monday a few weeks ago when you last visited.

 The Basin often gets rough sleepers, drug takers, drunks just like all similar places in the country, but also when the police and council have a purge in the city centre they tend to migrate to the edges of the city including the canal. This only lasts a week or so until the council/police finish their crack down and they all move back into the main city centre. This is always obvious when the World Snooker Champs are on.

Take it easy👍

You're selling really well. 

On 20/09/2020 at 19:07, Jim Riley said:

What about their Co-conspirators, a tiny fraction over half of those who voted. I believe some of the ex constabulary amongst them. Appalling behaviour. 

Please the opw and you sod off to the correct forum and whinge there. OPW = original political whinger.

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark99 said:

You're selling really well. 

I don’t need to sell it as the moorings are full, so obviously it’s not that bad, but it is a city centre location and with that comes the problems that all cities have and that’s being honest, but luckily the boats are left alone. There’s far worse places to have a home mooring.

Edited by PD1964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised (pleasantly) that nobody has mentioned having any solar panels stolen. I have 3 adjustable ones and I always worry that they would be so easy to nick. I have chains on all three but a determined thief could easily break them, however I feel that at least I'd have a chance of hearing them jangle when I'm in the boat if a night time crook were to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grassman said:

I'm surprised (pleasantly) that nobody has mentioned having any solar panels stolen. I have 3 adjustable ones and I always worry that they would be so easy to nick. I have chains on all three but a determined thief could easily break them, however I feel that at least I'd have a chance of hearing them jangle when I'm in the boat if a night time crook were to try.

The EA lost 4Kw's of solar panels within a few days of installing them at Titchmarsh Lock on the River Nene. The panels had been fitted to the top of the guillotine frame (25ft) as part of an experment to see if solar power could be used to rise and lower the guillotine gate in locations with no mains power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2020 at 09:37, Thomas C King said:

Yesterday morning we discovered our gangplank was missing. Just a bit of painted wood. Thoroughly checked the water (which is shallow so it'd be pretty obvious if it had fallen in, and also unlikely given that the boat is a bit stuck). Thinking it was nicked, but it's really bizarre given that it looks like quite a posh area. It's pretty annoying because we can only just jump off and onto the boat.

 

How common are thefts of items of low worth? Wondering if we need to secure the replacement, which seems ridiculous...

 

Any interesting stories?

I had £1200.00 stolen from me in mooring fees as the owner of the marina did a bunk :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.