Best Passing Remarks/Greetings

The Gravy Boater

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, dixi188 said:

Last week I had someone ask the time. I replied "August"!

(I don't wear a watch and there isn't a clock visible from the aft deck).

On one of my teaching practices (many years ago) I asked a member of staff the time.    Reply - Tuesday, for the same reason, didn't wear a watch.

13 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

I don't bother with the "Morning" comment. It's too much like hard work trying to work out if it's morning or not. I just go with "Hello" no matter what the time of day.

It's morning until I've had my lunch, whatever time that is!

Edited by Graham Davis
  • Greenie 2

8 hours ago, Thomas C King said:

I often can't hear people over the engine, so I just do a fake laugh, assuming they've made some witty comment. Next time I might just mime to see if everyone else is doing the same thing.

Worst passing remark: "if you didn't have plants on your ****** roof you'd be able to see where you are going". No idea why, we were both going alongside without any difficulty and I normally stand to the side of the boat to make sure they're parallel.

Clearly someone was traumatised from a previous incident.  Then again... doesn't take much to traumatise some people.