Watermate key copies

Chris J W

Featured Posts

As the Watermate key seems to be a bog-standard Yale affair, can you get them copied at normal key-cutting places?

I will stand corrected if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that they use a special blank for these keys.

You might find its just as cheaper to buy one from BWB - think they were £5 last time I checked.

Its propably cheaper to get one from BW than have it copied, and thats if you can as its meant to be a security key.

You have to supply your Boat name and index number or your BW customer number.

Its propably cheaper to get one from BW than have it copied, and thats if you can as its meant to be a security key.

You have to supply your Boat name and index number or your BW customer number.

I ordered a spare online through Waterscape.com and I didn't need to give any details.

Chris

That answers that, then. Was only wondering as had to get some housekeys cut for my Dad at the weekend and the lcobbler/locksmith near him only charges £1.50 for Yale types. Had I had time to nip back and get my boat keys I would have asked. But, never mind!

That answers that, then. Was only wondering as had to get some housekeys cut for my Dad at the weekend and the lcobbler/locksmith near him only charges £1.50 for Yale types. Had I had time to nip back and get my boat keys I would have asked. But, never mind!

Don't be put off by what I said, I have only once or twice walked away with no key. Just that you may have to persuade the bloke that you are a reputable upright citizen and you don't wear a hooped jumper and a mask at nights, I sometimes have difficulties with the first bit.

A friend borrowed mine to cut a couple of spares for us both last week. They cost £6.80 each, as they're "security" keys.

Which makes the £5 from a chandler or BW (which includes postage if you order from waterscape.com) seem like good value.

• 2 weeks later...
A friend borrowed mine to cut a couple of spares for us both last week. They cost £6.80 each, as they're "security" keys.

Oh dear, so they are £3.60 out of pocket then or is my maths totally gone for a whatsit? Good stuff beer innit :cheers:

Give them lovely lasses at BW a call with your credit card and for £5 a key is yours and they don't even charge you p&p!

D

Oh dear, so they are £3.60 out of pocket then or is my maths totally gone for a whatsit? Good stuff beer innit :cheers:

Give them lovely lasses at BW a call with your credit card and for £5 a key is yours and they don't even charge you p&p!

D

They may even send you the right key! I found out what mine fitted the other day.

Sue