Eugene Baston BW

fuzzyduck

Featured Posts

All you have to do is write to me at Watford, or alternatively email me. But a word of warning to you and everyone else too, I won't be around to personally handle stuff until after the bank holiday weekend. paternity leave calls.

OK he's the mouth piece of BW, the first against the wall when the revolution comes, But come on folks, lets have a big Congratulations for Eugene. best wishes for you and mrs Eugene.

Edited by fuzzyduck

Eugene - do let us know officially when the Bastonette makes his or her debut...

Ian

Hi!

Thanks for the congrats, that's very kind of all of you.

Our son (Reuben) came along between the floods and the recent (FMD) plague, so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad omen! It certainly had us thinking hard about getting into Oxford without an amphibious vehicle to hand! There was plenty of disinfectant in the hospital though :wub:

Just over two weeks old and doing just great, although sleep patterns aren't so great. As I mentioned elsewhere, from this coming week I'm looking forward to some quality time with Mum and Son and so won't be around (much) since I hope to have the phone and Blackberry/Outlook firmly switched off. If anyone's off to the National, we may make it there - all depends on whether we've got organised by that time! :)

Thanks again, Eugene

Thanks again to everyone for their kind wishes and wise words, we're very touched, although many would say I've always been quite 'touched' in any case!

The tips on taking loads of pictures is soooo true! We're astounded that within two weeks the young lad's moved from 9lbs 7oz to 10lbs 5oz, and that stuff kindly bought for him before and at the birth time is rapidly being consigned to the 'hand me down' pile. And with digital images these days it doesn;t really matter just how many piccies are taken!

As for sleep patterns, to go 12 hours must be utopian!! The best is juts under four hours, but this was on Saturday night when having to get up in the morning is not quite such an issue! Last night was an entirely different story, although it did mean I could see the metoer shower when otherwise I would have been fast asleep.

Our thanks again to all of you for your good wishes - looking forward to sitting the young 'un on the hatch in the not so distant future, so if you're out and about, keep an eye peeled.

Best wishes, Eugene

As for sleep patterns, to go 12 hours must be utopian!! The best is juts under four hours, but this was on Saturday night when having to get up in the morning is not quite such an issue! Last night was an entirely different story, although it did mean I could see the metoer shower when otherwise I would have been fast asleep.

Our Noah kept that up for at least a month and a half, pretty much just out for a feeding every 3 hours then every four, eventually he was to the point where he'd spend a bit more time awake during the day and started sleeping through the mealtimes at night.

My little cherub (nearly two) still wakes me up at unsociable hours), but he's the exception, rather than the rule. They do say babies who are born a good weight (as your son is) sleep through quicker as they can take on more food for longer.

So a good omen I'd say. Enjoy it, marvel it, and picture it.