Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Maudesmaster

Diesel Fuel pipe to Heritage Range

Featured Posts

Does the BSS allow a 10 mm diesel feed copper tube to run alongside the heating pipes left of the two plastic pipes and right of the upstand in photograph clipped every 12” or so 

91F30438-F0EE-48A7-AD44-A00AF29DFAF3.jpeg

I can't see a reason why not, but all connections (including connections to join pipes if you are not using a single length) must be accessible for inspection.

I found that when I was doing work on mine, that the pipe was with the heating pipes and that had passed RCD so one would assume they are ok

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

I can't see a reason why not, but all connections (including connections to join pipes if you are not using a single length) must be accessible for inspection.

I know it’s diesel not gas that we’re talking about but I wonder if an inspector would get sniffy at ‘unnecessary’ joints?

I too am fitting a Heritage stove (Uno+) & investigated this very situation. As already mentioned try to avoid unnecessary joints and make sure all joints can be inspected.

Also I was advised to take photos of the installation so you can easily answer any questions the examiner may have.

As it happens I ended up installing a separate Diesel tank under the spare bed. 

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

I know it’s diesel not gas that we’re talking about but I wonder if an inspector would get sniffy at ‘unnecessary’ joints?

I don’t think there is a specific requirement in the bss not to have unnecessary joints in a diesel feed pipe, so if he did question the number of joints ask him ‘where in the check list is it specified?’   

As an aside - when installing my gas gas system the pipe was not quite long enough to reach the cooker, so I joined the pipes with a nice isolating tap and even stuck a plate on the wall saying ‘isolator below’.  BSS guy commented that it was good to see a local isolator tap for the appliance even though it was not strictly required.

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Happy 2

1/4 turn ball valves suitable for diesel are better than gate valves which sometimes leak and don't shut off fully. There are proper needle valves for fuel oil which close in the event of fire, I have one on my main diesel tank feed.