Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Kendorr

Patron Donate to Canal World
  • Content Count

    351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

54 Neutral

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Hull

Previous Fields

  • Occupation
    Retired
  • Boat Name
    KenDorR
  • Boat Location
    Blue Water Marina, Thorne

Recent Profile Visitors

1661 profile views
  1. Kendorr

    Cyclists

    Just thought I'd add a bit about me. I cycle because I don't drive. When I'm out and about on the bike, I'm wearing what I'm wearing. When I specifically go out for a bike ride I'm a 'lycra clad' person. Just looking at my rides since I've had a 'Garmin' device, I've done 626 rides, covered a distance of 23,853 miles and cycled for 1764 hours. I've never had an accident, although I have slipped off the bike several times on ice. I've had some very close calls with aggressive people driving cars, but I've also been shown far more kindness and consideration form the majority of motorists out there. I've also seen many stupid people on bikes doing daft things, but I've also seen many more considerate cyclists riding in a courteous way. Strange thing, whilst boating (last 5 years) I've seen several idiots on their boats who don't want to obey the waterway rules, but have seen many more who are kind and courteous. In life there are those antisocial people who think nothing applies to them, and there are those of us who just want to get on and be happy. We always hear about the 1% of antisocial people, but rarely about the other 99%. Please, I'm a cyclist along with many others, don't label us with those idiots who ride a bike - thank you.
  2. I've just fitted the Zanussi I bought from a very nice member called Winn. It fits perfectly behind the quadrant shower with its own dedicated skin fitting.
  3. In 2015 going from West to East. First stop Micklehurst 2nd stop Wool Road lock where I left boat for 4 days as I needed to be home 3rd stop Marsden after going through the tunnel. East of the tunnel First stop Slaithwaite and finally Huddersfield. From memory, there are several suitable places on the west as the locks are further apart, but on the East, it's 22 locks to Slaithwaite, which is about 2 1/2 miles and a further 20 to Huddersfield, which is about 4 1/2 miles, this means the pounds are very close together and often very low. Have fun, it's well worth doing. I also did the route single handed. Kevin
  4. If you're wanting to keep 240 volt running, it needs to be on. If you have nothing running at 240 volts, it's off. The engine is charging the batteries, charging is only used when you're connected to shore power.
  5. Some families will come along soon, but to start with, have you had a couple of weeks holiday on a boat? Certainly something you should do to get some answers for yourself. and, welcome to the forum. Kevin
  6. Wykwell lift bridge just after BlueWater Marina has failed and the navigation is closed. Anybody intending going towards or from the River Trent should take note. https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/14816/wykewell-lift-bridge-failure
  7. Anyone watching, I suggest you click on the broken square symbol on the bottom right of the animation, this will make it full screen.
  8. Ha, I'm too late to edit it out too!! Good to know some people read things properly 🙂
  9. Hi Kirkby, and welcome to the forum. As Skala joined the forum on 18th December 2016 and last visited on December 19th 2019, I very much doubt you will get any response to this, good luck though.
  10. 2015 includes lots of info and begins 'The Liverpool Canal link was officially opened to boaters on 20th April 2009'
  11. Kendorr

    Insurance

    My apologies, I wasn't aware of that.
  12. Kendorr

    Insurance

    Try Insure4boats.
  13. To live without my music, would be impossible to do .......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLSU9TRhJw
  14. Russ Conway - Side Saddle !! No idea, and I'm not going to youtube to look for it! The wonderful jester and singer 🙂
  15. I'm sure some will find this interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeXcH4hmtY
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.