BCN Challenge 2013

Odana

Featured Posts

You've left it a bit late for that. I know someone who shall remain nameless, who started planing on the Monday after last years BCN challenge!

rolleyes.gif I have to admit to have been doing a bit of thinking over the last few weeks, so getting confirmation of the dates is good timing. I don't know if others noticed but in the last Boundary Post there was a clue as to where the finish will be, which is what started me thinking.

rolleyes.gif I have to admit to have been doing a bit of thinking over the last few weeks, so getting confirmation of the dates is good timing. I don't know if others noticed but in the last Boundary Post there was a clue as to where the finish will be, which is what started me thinking.

Oh, not Walsall this time?

Oh, not Walsall this time?

My understanding when I asked after 2011 was that Walsall was only committed to until 2012, and it was a suggested in the last Boundary Post that the finish would indeed be elsewhere. I guess we will have to wait until the rules come out to find out for certain, but I hope it is, as it gets hard to come up with much of a different route.

I am most disappointed that my notification didn't come with a Manor arms menu and bar tariff as an attachment...

Edited to add: looks like the timing will mean I have extra crew this year :)

The press gangs are usually too tardy to club innocent bystanders into complicity round these parts... at least while they're sober enough!

You coming to the Bash on Friday?

Edited by Smelly

You coming to the Bash on Friday?

What bash? Unfortunately not, as I will be in the process of retrieving the bairns from the forces of darkness.

Pass on my regards in my absence, particularly to people who have no idea who I am. Describe me as tall.

You've left it a bit late for that. I know someone who shall remain nameless, who started planing on the Monday after last years BCN challenge!

There's no need to talk about Uncle Richard like that :P

rolleyes.gif I don't know if others noticed but in the last Boundary Post there was a clue as to where the finish will be, which is what started me thinking.

Longwood, according to 'Chairman's Report'.

Any idea what the :cheers: ing potential is in those there parts?

Longwood, according to 'Chairman's Report'.

Any idea what the :cheers: ing potential is in those there parts?

Yep that seems to be where was being suggested. I would assume Longwood Boat Club would be the natural hosts in that case. Of course we could always join "The Cat" at the Manor.

I was actually quite hoping that the finish would be Birmingham as it used to be.

Had the organisers stuck to the last weekend of may they would have had a brilliant weekend (and I'd have been able to come along too). :banghead:

That is very true, we baked going up Hatton the weekend before on our way to Birmingham. Thank Queenie for that one!

• 2 weeks later...