All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes I wouldn't want it a fixed length. Better to have it height adjustable. I just use a round turn and two half hitches on mine but there's probably a better knot that's easier to undo.
  3. If you have access to a mains water supply you could test the doorframe by spraying it with a hose. Hold the end of the hose up so that the water arcs up and comes down like rain rather than spraying it directly. Or you could use a garden watering can.
  4. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  5. It was painted at Braunston, almost certainly the work of Frank Nurser
  6. The underlying issue is that the intentions of a poorly worded law are being misused on a scale that adversely impacts home moorers and is increasing. Surcharging may make some think twice. This is the same approach as charging extra for widebeam boat licences.
  7. We had this can from Mr Davies of the Junction Boatyard in 1957. It was old then. I do not remember whether he told us where it came from. It may just have been there in the yard. It is heavy - empty it weighs 6 kilos. Any ideas as to its possible origin? If more photos would help I can add them.
  8. Today
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  10. One poster wrote this: "The CC surcharge on the license fee goes at least part-way to correcting this anomaly (and increases CART income), and simply means that everyone -- CCer or CMer or HMer or EOGer -- pays a similar amount to CART. Or at least CCers don't continue to pay less -- some HMers who pay CART directly or via EOG obviously pay much more. It's a bit like closing a historical tax loophole that some people have taken advantage of but now protest when this is corrected... 😉" The only reason HMers and EoG moorers pay more than CCers is because they are paying for exclusive moorings. They pay extra for the extra they choose to have. Moorings do not come for free. That is why they pay more, they have more. And both home moorers and EoG moorers should now be liable to be included in the PAYG culture when they are not on their moorings, that a lot seem to think should apply to CCers. I think the mentality of some home moorers is: They think CCers should be liable to pay Hmers and EoG moorers some kind of indirect subsidy. People that moor in marinas pay 9% of their mooring fee to the marina, so that the marina can pay one of its overheads to CRT. There's absolutely no connection there between the moorer and CRT. There's no directly paying anything to CRT by those moorers. EoG moorers have a mooring contract liability. End of. IanD and some moorers are full of BS entitlement delusions.
  11. Yesterday
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  13. Nah, Ive just paid £4.80 for another one of the Cloudwater beers and it was very good, but still lots of stuff at £3.80.
  14. Can anyone advise on a boatyard on or near the Caldon Canal, Staffordshire, where I might get a GRP 28 foot cruiser out of the water for a survey and onward road transport. Also, any recommendation for a surveyor in that area would be helpful please. Many thanks
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  16. Us taxpayers. Unfortunately we don't get to decide where they spend our taxes... :--(
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  19. Once upon a time I could tie quite a few knots, and I think the midshipman hitch was one of them, I didn't know the name. As well as sailing knots, i had a few horse knots and hitches, which is why my bowline is non standard, the problem is that once the muscle memory takes over, its difficult.to re program. I just do them automatically. The figure of eight is a stopper knot, to stop a rope running through a block for example, but ive really stopped using it
  20. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  21. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  22. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  23. It's always a relief when you find the source of the problem - and particularly when it isn't as drastic as you had imagined through all those sleepless nights! That sounds much more resolvable.
  24. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  25. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  26. £10 for two pints in the Crown by Limehouse Basin, eastend pub. £13 and more in the jewellery quarter in Brum, and £7.60 in Tod, I’m led to believe.
  27. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.