New Caen Hill challenge

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

Canals and Christmas Eve - Not saying it's never been done before BUT I took an alternative approach to the Caen Hill flight today - pushing a wheelchair with an 14 stone occupant up from lock 29 to lock 46!

Yes, I ache a bit, but Magpie the Elder enjoyed it...

Happy Christmas folks!

20181224_140003.jpg

20181224_140501.jpg

20181224_133846.jpg

20181224_151708.jpg

Edited by magpie patrick

7 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

I see the love of Notts County doesn't run in the family. Are you wheeling on down to Frome Town vs Merthyr on Boxing Day?

JP

We are indeed!

1pm kick off if anyone cares to join us...

The football loyalty is complicated - it's actually me who is the Frome Town resident fan - but dad was born almost next door to Chorley's ground and my first club was (and in someways still is) the Magpies of Chorley - I saw them with Dad at Stockport County in November 

18 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

Canals and Christmas Eve - Not saying it's never been done before BUT I took an alternative approach to the Caen Hill flight today - pushing a wheelchair with an 14 stone occupant up from lock 29 to lock 46!

Yes, I ache a bit, but Magpie the Elder enjoyed it...

Happy Christmas folks!

20181224_151708.jpg

I thought of this last night while watching Alan Bennett, The Lady in the Van, on TV where she got him to push her up the hill in her wheel chare and then let her go  Dame Maggie Smith plays Miss Shepherd and Alex Jennings plays Alan Bennett in The Lady In The Van

• Love 1