CRT on line auction

sharpness

Featured Posts

Just remember that the 'hammer prices' is subject to lots of add ons :

VAT @ 20%

Buyers Premium @ 16%

Buyers premium subject to VAT @20%

So an item 'hammer price' of £100 comes out at £139.20 ( so if when bidding you mentally add 50% to the bid price, that's almost what it will 'cost')

Interesting!  Have they stopped using GoIndustry Dovebid for their disposals now then?

What am I missing with them selling items like these ones?

They look for the world like some of the hideously expensive items supplied as part of the new "fit for the 21st century" maintenance fleet only a few years back

Edited by alan_fincher

50 minutes ago, Liam said:

I noticed this earlier via Towpath Talk, and have just spent a bit of time perusing the auction website. A couple of interesting things. I agree the tug is nice and the HR3 may be worth a second glance.

There are multiple HR3s.

The one with a Blackstone box and 3:1 reduction is likely to attract a few bids, I would think, although of course you are taking a complete gamble on condition.

34 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Interesting!  Have they stopped using GoIndustry Dovebid for their disposals now then?

What am I missing with them selling items like these ones?

They look for the world like some of the hideously expensive items supplied as part of the new "fit for the 21st century" maintenance fleet only a few years back

Presumably getting rid of the dredging equipment, the 'flats', the spare engines, the cranes and 10 of the 'Accommodation Modules' they are not planning on doing much external work. Having sold off even the chainsaws, spades and shovels in the last few years, I suppose there is not much of the 'family silver' left to pawn.

There's some fugly accommodation stuff there would be right at home nailed to the bank on the K&A - stick it on a lock landing and it'll slip under the CRT radar as everyone will think it's one of theirs.  Maybe an opportunity for a crowd funded upgrade for matey who's boat sank last week? :o

51 minutes ago, stegra said:

Why have the bidding end at the same time for every item? Makes no sense at all. If you miss out on one thing you can't bid on another. 

I suppose the auction will be more attractive to those companies who already have maintenance equipment and who work on behalf of CRT or carry out other private contract work who are looking to replace or increase their assets will block bid on items as their budget allows.

But yeah I can imagine that welfare pod would fit nicely in one of the hoppers and provide 'luxurious' accommodation in the capital :)