Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Leo No2

Good turn out of historic boats at Village at War

Featured Posts

For anyone interested a really good turn out of historic boats at Village at War this year as follows - thank you to them all for supporting this event:

 

Alsager
Battersea
Bletchely
Cedar
Corona
Cyprus
Dodona
Dover
Flamingo
Greenlaw
Hampton
Joseph
Jubilee
Lead Us
Mercury
Perch
Progress
Sculptor
Sickle
Southern Cross
Victoria
Whitby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hesitate to ask since I've clearly missed something - where is this event held and where can I find info?

Every year for the last 11 years - dates have varied a bit but now seem settled on the second weekend in September so I hope the next event will be 7/8-September 2019.  It is advertised in a lot of places so am slightly surprised you didn't know about it. Marketing not my area of expertise - more skilled at setting out the moorings!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Thanks Tim - I have missed something and it looks good!  Same weekend as the Goodwood Revival meeting though,  which those with the best WW2 vehicles, etc, might prioritise if they have to choose.  Clearly no competition for the boat's, but might be worth thinking about if the event grows. Thanks for the info. :)

 

1 minute ago, Leo No2 said:

Every year for the last 11 years - dates have varied a bit but now seem settled on the second weekend in September so I hope the next event will be 7/8-September 2019.  It is advertised in a lot of places so am slightly surprised you didn't know about it. Marketing not my area of expertise - more skilled at setting out the moorings!!

Thanks Leo, I'm a bit surprised too!  I'm sure it was well advertised - just probably not necessarily so well in Devon whilst I'm refitting my bathroom!  I can't think of an excuse for the other ten years! :D

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some clips of the action at Stoke Bruerne Village at War 2018, including the BBMF Spitfire, narrowboats Bletchley and Sickle, and swing singers Lola Lamour, Betty Bluebird and May Blossom.

I just love the vintage song, dance and dress code.

 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?ar=1&o=U&video_id=R8TV3RKKiqA

 

mqdefault.jpg?sqp=CLDS2NwF&rs=AOn4CLBJKc

Arthur Jones (a 93 year old WW2 veteran) duetting with Lola Lamour.

 

Thanks for letting us squeeze in at the last minute Leo !

Edited by jake_crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo No2 said:

For anyone interested a really good turn out of historic boats at Village at War this year as follows - thank you to them all for supporting this event:

 

Alsager
Battersea
Bletchely
Cedar
Corona
Cyprus
Dodona
Dover
Flamingo
Greenlaw
Hampton
Joseph
Jubilee
Lead Us
Mercury
Perch
Progress
Sculptor
Sickle
Southern Cross
Victoria
Whitby

What about Wyvern Shipping Co's. Benevolence?  :)

P1260531.JPG.57555ee5be9552ceff90ebd1c6d90044.JPG

 

Excellent weekend, which incuded a Spitfire flypast over the canal.

P1260510.JPG.ce3510eb4fe932faea697799edb8ca6c.JPG

Edited by koukouvagia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2018 at 09:28, jake_crew said:

Here are some clips of the action at Stoke Bruerne Village at War 2018, including the BBMF Spitfire, narrowboats Bletchley and Sickle, and swing singers Lola Lamour, Betty Bluebird and May Blossom.

I just love the vintage song, dance and dress code.

 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?ar=1&o=U&video_id=R8TV3RKKiqA

 

mqdefault.jpg?sqp=CLDS2NwF&rs=AOn4CLBJKc

Arthur Jones (a 93 year old WW2 veteran) duetting with Lola Lamour.

 

Thanks for letting us squeeze in at the last minute Leo !

For some reason that link is not giving me your Village at War video, but is instead giving me a lst of my own You Tube videos. (Most crrious!)

Here is the video.  (Our "Sickle" apperas at the very end at 2:45)
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.