Hot water

Steveflet

Featured Posts

Hi all, 

Happy days, we know have shoreline, 3 leisure batteries, smart charger and split charger etc.

Howver the cost of including a hot water cylinder with immersion heater and coils for calorifier etc was around an extra £800! Our existing cylinder has no boss for am immersion to be fitted, so we still have to run the engine for hot water. Any suggestions resulting in a lower initial cost much appreciated. Electric supply for immersion is already wired and ready to go.

cheers

You can fit a 2 1/4" flange to an existing calorifier, either by soldering a plain brass one in, needs an experienced hand, or by using an Essex mechanical flange. They are available for dome end or side mounting, different shapes.

Google "essex immersion flange"

Some on ebay too.

Where are you in relation to Middlewich? I can fit for you.

Edited by Boater Sam
added more

And £30 for a cylinder of gas far too often.

Got to always be more economic to use piped/wired fuel sources on land.

Fitted hundreds of flanges, usually lead wiped, the only hard ones are on steel cylinders, I should of asked if it was copper. I assume it is foam covered?

Most steel one have a flange already fitted as new, it will be central in the side but could be anywhere around if you see what I mean.

........or fit a Willis Immersion with simple plumbing to existing fittings ? - about £35 and very common in Ireland, but readily available on E-Bay etc...  and it has the advantage of being able to heat the whole tank if fitted correctly...

I use these at home to heat the whole tank as we have an excess of solar generation so seems a shame to not use it...

Nick