CRT Council Boaters Reps Meeting

StarUKKiwi

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, David Mack said:

The Armco tunnel under the railway is restricted to about 10 ft beam. The invert is curved so the actual width is dependent on the underwater shape of the boat.

Thanks, I thought there was some restriction.

On 01/07/2018 at 17:46, alan_fincher said:

You may be right - many yeras sinc I have been there.

To be fair you did not mention the marina - I assumed you meant the basin with the visitor moorings.

I was trying to be mildly amusing by leaving it to the reader to complete my ellipsis. As it happens, the same is also true of the Netherwich moorings as the  restriction is just downstream from them under a railway bridge..

23 hours ago, john6767 said:

So if you mean in the marina not the basin, then the marina is on the junction canal which is norrow and has locks close to each side of the entrance, so even if it could get through the entrance it’s not going anywhere.  So it is a bit different case to the North Oxford.  I don’t see anything wrong with any marina having widebeams in them that can not get out, if people want to pay for that and the marina has the planning permission it seems fine.

That was really what I was getting at - just because a marina has a wide beam does nit necessarily mean that it expects to cruise the adjoining canal. Plenty of boats rarely leave anyway.