Hire boat briefing

Big Bob W

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Im surprised at this given that all of the locks and bridges are manned!

Our last hire on the Broads we just signed a form at reception were pointed towards the boat and told to get on our way. A very swift and easy process :rolleyes:

I have been on hire boats most years since 1974 and I think Caley Cruisers have the most thorough briefing of them all.

23 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Their instructions last Summer to hirers were that they were not allowed to go through Gargrave bottom lock on Day 1.  Someone drove out the following morning to show them how to work the lock, even if they had experience.

I assume they did the same the other side too.

Perhaps at last silsden are trying to do something about their awful reputation on briefings “watch the dvd” being about the extent of it previously. 

Pennine cruisers meet their hirers at the first lock or did when we hired from them a good few years ago. 

9 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Im surprised at this given that all of the locks and bridges are manned!

Our last hire on the Broads we just signed a form at reception were pointed towards the boat and told to get on our way. A very swift and easy process :rolleyes:

But there is a lock keeper to see you through