24 volt in series and parallel

Bigal10

Featured Posts

the answer to the original post is simple - specify the maximum load, calculate the current flowing in all the battery cables, and select a size that meets the requirements of maximum load allowed and of maximum allowable voltage drop.  There is no other way to do it.

PS: anyone planning on doing things like those indicated in the OP should read up on the matter to get a full understanding of the various issues.  I don't know if Tony Dunkley's Training Notes are still available, but they were available on the web for free and contained all the 'first principles' needed to make such calculations.

PPS: oh, and if you require a really simple answer - there isn't one.

PPPS: ...............  and lastly, the comments I made about amps and hours are highly relevant, and the confusion over this matter has led several contributors way off track.  If you mean 220 amp.hrs (as in two 110 amp.hr batteries wired in parallel) then it is essential to say so.

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I expect the OP is sulking now. But really, when someone asks a question that is impossible to answer, and doesn’t want to understand the difference between battery capacity and current flow, there is no hope!

Well they got a rather brutal and graceless education here, so when they ask the same question elsewhere they will hopefully have at least taken on board that their question here made no sense technically.

But somehow i doubt it. 

Blimey that was a comperlicated sentence!

10 hours ago, Murflynn said:

the answer to the original post is simple - specify the maximum load, calculate the current flowing in all the battery cables, and select a size that meets the requirements of maximum load allowed and of maximum allowable voltage drop.  There is no other way to do it.

PS: anyone planning on doing things like those indicated in the OP should read up on the matter to get a full understanding of the various issues.  I don't know if Tony Dunkley's Training Notes are still available, but they were available on the web for free and contained all the 'first principles' needed to make such calculations.

PPS: oh, and if you require a really simple answer - there isn't one.

PPPS: ...............  and lastly, the comments I made about amps and hours are highly relevant, and the confusion over this matter has led several contributors way off track.  If you mean 220 amp.hrs (as in two 110 amp.hr batteries wired in parallel) then it is essential to say so.

I don't know if he also has put a set of notes on the web but mine are still there.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3