HIAB access for boat launch? Bridgwater/Wigan

W+T

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Technically you need a permit from CRT to crane into their canal, or indeed anywhere over their land, which is why it usually happens at boatyards and marinas. But I guess if they don't know about it until the job's done...

They might find out when the truck goes too near an unstable bank and it collapses, sending the boat and truck into the canal. Every cloud has a silver lining though - the boat would be launched.

15 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

I was thinking about that stretch - the road runs next to the canal for quite a way with no barrier.  Loads of room where it passes under the M60 with solid concrete embankment. Also invisible to CRT spy satellites.

Will CRT be bothered?

Aiui, part of the cost of doing it properly, with CART permission, is the cost of a risk assessment, prep and checking time. What could possibly go wrong? 

When I bought a dc22, the seller was a bit clueless. He'd bought it as a project, found in a field. Dropped it into the water at Foulridge on the l&l, no licence, no mooring, no bss, no engine, leaky rubbing strakes sealed with decorators caulk. I bought it cheap, told CaRT what I was up to, took a month to make it legal and sail it home.