Bow Thruster has no Thrust!

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, jono2.0 said:

I'm pleased to say it's now fully working again.  It could be because of three possible reasons:

1. I've recently filled my water tank and it's lower in boat - I'm a sail away without a full fit out yet so it may be a little high in the water - as Bazza954 said above.
2. A blockage has become loose and released itself - woo hoo!
3. I've not used it for a few days despite sailing around so maybe the voltage was too low for it to fully do its thing but now it's tip top.

Thanks for all your help though.  I dread the day I have to flood the locker and take the propeller out!

Mine played up on Sunday, when I went to use it for the first time since last summer.

When I  switched it on, instead of giving out a single bleep,  it continued to bleep for several seconds and then switched itself off. This happened several times. 

Once back at my mooring, I switched off the engine and battery isolators and switched them back on again, whereupon everything worked properly.

I can only conclude it was throwing a hissy fit. :wacko:

40 minutes ago, jono2.0 said:

Thanks for all your help though.  I dread the day I have to flood the locker and take the propeller out!

I wouldn't worry.

Just forget you have a BT and don't use it.

The only time I've used the BT on our boat is when we went out on a 'test drive' before purchase.

That was 5 years and 4000 (ish) miles ago.

I would doubt that it still works!

ETA Oops. Double posting.

Edited by Victor Vectis

A couple of tips is not to use the bow thruster to push yourself into the bank when fairly close as you will suck-in all the crap that floats around the edge and it will get stuck in the tube.  Likewise don't use it when you can see carrier bags and stuff close to the inlet side.  If you do want to keep it working, fire it in both direction about monthly to blow out all the stuff that is growing and collecting in the tube.  I have a one and rarely use it other than to blow it out in case one day I do.  Honestly it was a waste of money to buy one and I would not pay much to fix it if it broke.