lpg cooker

Featured Posts

hi all,can anyone on the forum recommend a good lpg cooker, i`m looking for one that is 50cm wide x 50cn depth,

i was going to buy the statesman legarcy but i`ve seen a couple of bad reviews, its a pity because i found one £200 quid cheaper than midland chandlers, new and delivered, many thanks

hi all,can anyone on the forum recommend a good lpg cooker, i`m looking for one that is 50cm wide x 50cn depth,

i was going to buy the statesman legarcy but i`ve seen a couple of bad reviews, its a pity because i found one £200 quid cheaper than midland chandlers, new and delivered, many thanks

There are many different kinds out there and many that are easily converted to lpg. You will find it impossible to buy anything at a greater price than sold at Midland swindlers in the known universe.

There are many different kinds out there and many that are easily converted to lpg. You will find it impossible to buy anything at a greater price than sold at Midland swindlers in the known universe.

In which case would you care to nominate some 50cm x 50cm please?

My own research revealed there are none the market 50cm x 50cm except for the Bompani (marketed by Calor Gas) when I wanted one, which has the drawback of no separate grill.

Recent threads asking the same question have generally concluded much the same.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

In which case would you care to nominate some 50cm x 50cm please?

My own research revealed there are none the market 50cm x 50cm except for the Bompani (marketed by Calor Gas) when I wanted one, which has the drawback of no separate grill.

Recent threads asking the same question have generally concluded much the same.

I must confess to not reading the depth requirement blush.png But of course a mere 10 mill can be found somewhere as there is oodles of room on a narrowboat and never a need to buy small caravan stuff . Well not on any of my 6 narrowbaoats anyway I have always had full sized stuff especialy washing machines loadsa room.

It is deffo not possible though to find anywhere in the known universe that is dearer than Midland swindlers wink.png

I must confess to not reading the depth requirement blush.png But of course a mere 10 mill can be found somewhere as there is oodles of room on a narrowboat and never a need to buy small caravan stuff . Well not on any of my 6 narrowbaoats anyway I have always had full sized stuff especialy washing machines loadsa room.

It is deffo not possible though to find anywhere in the known universe that is dearer than Midland swindlers wink.png

You have have me lost here. We are talking size differences of 2" and 4" (translating them into imperial).

You have have me lost here. We are talking size differences of 2" and 4" (translating them into imperial).

Now that makes much more sense speaking in English measurements I now know what you mean.

I don't know that particular model, but I could write you a bad review of my Thetford! I think most dedicated 500 x 500 boat stoves are going to come out poorly, it's sort of the nature of the beast. Maybe what you've found is as good as any in the boat stove range, so I'd advise you don't ont write it off too quickly if 500 x 500 is an essential prerequisite. I'd go for a really good full size domestic if I could, but I can't so my Thetford does the job, meets the regs and fits in the space, it's just not quite what you'd hope for given the choice. Maybe the one you're looking at is much the same?

I got my Voyager 4500 from Midland Chandlers,, i am tight git and i searched for a better price for months and still they were the cheapest.

Can not say much about it yet as not fitted it, but it nice :)

Still wrong size for whats needed in the OP.

For the avoidance of doubt I haven't improved the (feeble) performance of the grill in my Vanette by fitting a larger gas jet. Oh no, definitely not. Ok???

Makes GREAT cheezontoast now!

Or it would if I had, if you see what I mean. ;)

• Greenie 1

I had a Bompani (new from Midland when on a special deal 4 years) ,poor oven control, very tiny, badly made and lots of sharp edges also impossible to get spares.

When I decided earlier this year to change, I found that there are only a few 500mm wide LPG cookers available, for some reason most suppliers will not supply an LPG conversion kit to suit the mains gas cookers of that width and some also required 240 volt for a fan to cool the casing.

All the domestic cheaper ones are 240 volt ignition, this could be run from a small inverter or changed to a 12 volt igniter pack ( about £50 - 60 to buy).

Argos did a 500 wide LPG cooker but check the depth on your installation, after deliver I found out I did not have enough depth to open the lid fully to open the gas safety feed to the rings. Fortunately it was fully returnable/refundable.

Eventually had to buy a smaller Stoves 12 volt caravan/camper van cooker (DIT 500) that required building it in. Does the job but not cheap and not as well made as the domestic version. Also smallish oven and only just shallow enough on depth.

From memory I think that it was only Calor that had a 500 x 500 freestanding cooker. Ring around Calor dealers to see if you can get any deals.

Also check caravan breakers as they sometimes have cookers from damaged/written off vans that might be suitable.

Don't forget you need flame failure devices which may not be on anything older than approx 5 years.