Boat break on the shroppy

lesrollins

Featured Posts

Well there have been a fair few comments on facebook and not all good. I will copy and paste a few examples if you like. Perhaps I have gone about the way I asked the wrong way, but I work hard like many for what I have and I wish to keep it. I've been on the canal for about 4 and 1/2 years and found that canal gossip can be rife and best left but when a number of people mention the same boat or person then I listen. If the mods feel that this post should be removed then please do so and I apologise for sharing my concerns with the forum.

Well there have been a fair few comments on facebook and not all good. I will copy and paste a few examples if you like. Perhaps I have gone about the way I asked the wrong way, but I work hard like many for what I have and I wish to keep it. I've been on the canal for about 4 and 1/2 years and found that canal gossip can be rife and best left but when a number of people mention the same boat or person then I listen. If the mods feel that this post should be removed then please do so and I apologise for sharing my concerns with the forum.

We don't wish to remove it, we have been asked to consider the matter and have let it stand because your information is potentially useful to others. We are keeping an eye on the responses.

When I got back to the mooring one of the lads near me who works at norbury wharf had already heard what had been going on. So who knows

He might have just read the Facebook posts that you did. Or at least have talked to someone else who did. Proves nothing really.

Surely we should all keep the same level of security no matter where we are and not just because a particular boat happens to be seen in an area and may or not be stealing stuff.

Personally I find a lot of Facebook groups just a big load of paranoia and rumours.

He might have just read the Facebook posts that you did. Or at least have talked to someone else who did. Proves nothing really.

Surely we should all keep the same level of security no matter where we are and not just because a particular boat happens to be seen in an area and may or not be stealing stuff.

Personally I find a lot of Facebook groups just a big load of paranoia and rumours.

I don't really agree with this bit - taking the solar panel and the gang plank in is a bit of a faff, so I'd rather not do it unless there is good reason to suspect they'll go walkies.

I don't really agree with this bit - taking the solar panel and the gang plank in is a bit of a faff, so I'd rather not do it unless there is good reason to suspect they'll go walkies.

To be honest life's too short to worry about whether someone will walk off with those things.

The things that matter to me are the only ones I make an effort to keep safe (and that's generally to keep them near at hand). It's hardly difficult to break into a boat in the middle of nowhere in the dark if that is your metier.