Water Pump Issues.

Greylady2

Featured Posts

It was stated earlier "She has a problem because she said so."

We should first off accept that though she may have or may not have described it as a problem it is not a 'problem' it is a symptom.

With some testing by the op we should consider what is causing the symptom and then if it is a problem with the system as installed.

My conclusion is that there is no problem and the system is working as expected given it's design.

So assuming we are agreed that there is no problem with the op's system, there is no benefit in thinking of other things to do such as fiddling with the pressure switch, cleaning a course mesh filter etc, none of these will eliminate or reduce the symptom and they may cause leaks etc.

So it is best to leave well alone.

If however the op wishes to change her system to eliminate the characteristic that the current design has then there are two things that can be done - which I shall not repeat.

As to possible leaks, checks of the pipes and joints from time to time - as she has done - is a good idea.

• Greenie 2

It was stated earlier "She has a problem because she said so."

We should first off accept that though she may have or may not have described it as a problem it is not a 'problem' it is a symptom.

With some testing by the op we should consider what is causing the symptom and then if it is a problem with the system as installed.

My conclusion is that there is no problem and the system is working as expected given it's design.

So assuming we are agreed that there is no problem with the op's system, there is no benefit in thinking of other things to do such as fiddling with the pressure switch, cleaning a course mesh filter etc, none of these will eliminate or reduce the symptom and they may cause leaks etc.

So it is best to leave well alone.

If however the op wishes to change her system to eliminate the characteristic that the current design has then there are two things that can be done - which I shall not repeat.

As to possible leaks, checks of the pipes and joints from time to time - as she has done - is a good idea.

For the sake of Greylady2 I will agree with you to give her peace of mind - and leave it at that - ....... Edited by wrigglefingers
Removal of name

A private message top of page right hand side little envelope click it it will have a red number probably 1

Thanks, never done that before. I have responded in an appropriate manner that I hope is acceptable.. A weird thing happened I guessed (wrongly) that PM meant 'Private Mail' so I checked my email inbox and there was an email from Geo. I opened it and and it said 'do not reply' and gave a link to this forum - that crashed when I clicked on it and I got the dreaded MS Blue Screen - I eventually recovered from it - but meanwhile the email from Geo had disappeared - so I came back to Canalworld and clicked on the PM icon - and replied.

Thanks, never done that before. I have responded in an appropriate manner that I hope is acceptable.. A weird thing happened I guessed (wrongly) that PM meant 'Private Mail' so I checked my email inbox and there was an email from Geo. I opened it and and it said 'do not reply' and gave a link to this forum - that crashed when I clicked on it and I got the dreaded MS Blue Screen - I eventually recovered from it - but meanwhile the email from Geo had disappeared - so I came back to Canalworld and clicked on the PM icon - and replied.

The crash would have been coincidental. The 'DoNotReply' email was informing you that you'd received a PM and the link should have taken you to that PM. Looks like your email server crashed, taking Geo's email with it. Obviously the PM would still be waiting for you on this site.

Hope that helps.

Tony

The crash would have been coincidental. The 'DoNotReply' email was informing you that you'd received a PM and the link should have taken you to that PM. Looks like your email server crashed, taking Geo's email with it. Obviously the PM would still be waiting for you on this site.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Thanks for the explanation - it's all falling into place and making sense now - but a correction to my previous PM - the email from Geo has been found way down the list at the bottom, instead of at top where it was when I opened it before the crash. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the explanation - it's all falling into place and making sense now - but a correction to my previous PM - the email from Geo has been found way down the list at the bottom, instead of at top where it was when I opened it before the crash. Thanks again for your help.

Any 'DoNotReply' emails from canalworld.net are automatically generated 'information' emails. The reason they say not to reply is that there's no one to receive them.