Hull builder

Featured Posts

The building of a Euroships hull may cost more, but you'll end up with a boat that's going nicely through the water, and were the prop doesn't have to struggle to get enough water to do it's job.

The more price will be earned back by the lesser fuel consumption, that is if both boats would be going at the same speed of course, and for which the Euroships hull would need less HP to reach that speed.

Peter.

Edited to remove quote of hidden post - MP

Edited by magpie patrick

Noah would have had 2 Horse power, or even two hedgehog power. For extra power, multiples of two all roped in line two abreast could be arranged. Example- Two Dormice at the very front, next, two rats, two rabbits, two pussy cats, two wolves, two goats, two, donkeys, two horses, and so on until the very last two haulers next to the bows would have been two Giraffes because they could see ahead and over all the rest of the team.

EDT A pair each of Rhinos and Hippos pushing.

Edited by bizzard

Clever man that Noah, though which of the animals would go over the tunnel and which would be legging it through?

The cats would be supervising, obviously....

Edited by dpaws

2 Crocodiles, alligators, Blue whales and sharks to haul it through tunnels, the rest could stay aboard and would be blindfolded, (except Bats). Flying overhead out in the open would be flocks of homing pigeons as guides, reconnoitering and planning the route, keeping in touch with Noah by Skype.

2 Crocodiles, alligators, Blue whales and sharks to haul it through tunnels, the rest could stay aboard and would be blindfolded, (except Bats). Flying overhead out in the open would be flocks of homing pigeons as guides, reconnoitering and planning the route, keeping in touch with Noah by Skype.

I thought they used Twitter?

Edited by magnetman

Two Giraffes of course would be Noah's chief lookouts on the Ark, (turn and turn about) as they wouldn't need to climb up a mast to the crows nest, for which the untrustworthy crows in it would be thankful.

I thought they used Twitter?

They did about a year later.

Here is another nice hull for dpaws, lovely flowing lines etc.

As you can see this is a wide beam, but it wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the plans to a narrow size.

Apart from the almost perfect shape, she's an excellent money maker and is working very successfuly as Hotelboat on the L & L.

0991ed457e3a6c969f696e8190ad8427.jpg

Peter.

As you can see this is a wide beam, but it wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the plans to a narrow size.

Apart from the almost perfect shape, she's an excellent money maker and is working very successfuly as Hotelboat on the L & L.

Peter.

smiley_offtopic.gif Peter. smile.png

Peter.

Love the multi-purpose anodes/fenders.

About 2ft6 (0.8m) I would have thought.

Why would you want to go any deeper.

Three reasons I can think of*

1. You are exceptionally tall (2.1m+) so need the headroom.

2. You are thinking about a narrow beam (2.1m wide) boat which is able to be classed with RCD category B. Not sure of there is anything out there for that (assuming you wanted a liveaboard boat above 15m length)

3. Fixed wheelhouse.

There are one or two narrow boats with keels I believe. One even crossed the Atlantic (apparently)

* or you might be thinking of a boat with two levels?

Edited by magnetman

1. no, just a handful feet and some inches

2. naa, just as safe as it can be, and fulfill the required rules, for the canals.

3. No a canopy will do to protect from the always hot sun.

*. it is ok if she is level.

Thanks magnetman

Why? to have the biggest little propeller possible to fit.

2´6" give us 30" - 2" - 1" - 2" - 1" a maximum 24" propeller.

Peter.

Thank you Peter, I did start to twitch nervously - the squat would be quite fantastic.... perfect for a hotel though

and still this hull is significantly better than the one I posted earlier; at least the propellor will get have some water - and thinking positively, she wouldn't roll very much on the tidal Thames... Not sure I'd tolerate the fuel consumption though... maybe a spinnaker would help biggrin.png

I assume from the visible lines that Tyler's Sheffield hull is very similar. At least Tyler's have no illusions about their hull and it's limitations. To be fair his bow thruster is positioned well, but the sharp edges on the thruster tube exit will cost about 30% of it's effective power output compared with smoothed edges - the devil's in the detail!

post-22620-0-82386000-1475517769_thumb.jpg

The danger is very much the former example, where the designer thinks he could go offshore in a force 8 and 4 metre waves... and his happy customers obviously believe his words, after all, he has experience.... frightening really

Edited by dpaws

Thank you Peter, I did start to twitch nervously - the squat would be quite fantastic.... perfect for a hotel though

and still this hull is significantly better than the one I posted earlier; at least the propellor will get have some water - and thinking positively, she wouldn't roll very much on the tidal Thames... Not sure I'd tolerate the fuel consumption though... maybe a spinnaker would help biggrin.png

I assume from the visible lines that Tyler's Sheffield hull is very similar. At least Tyler's have no illusions about their hull and it's limitations. To be fair his bow thruster is positioned well, but the sharp edges on the thruster tube exit will cost about 30% of it's effective power output compared with smoothed edges - the devil's in the detail!

tyler.jpg

The danger is very much the former example, where the designer thinks he could go offshore in a force 8 and 4 metre waves... and his happy customers obviously believe his words, after all, he has experience.... frightening really

dpaws

Not sure if you are aware of the etiquette but its shocking bad form to mention Bowthrusters on this forum.

attachicon.giftyler.jpg

That Tyler looks like something I want to have, just a bit narrower, better hydrodynamics and better look, and bigger diameter bow-thruster, the one I have now is 400 mm in diameter, I would like to have one in the other end too, plus a schilling rudder with +-70 deg, 24 inch diameter propeller and electric drive, maybe hybrid, a 10kW generator to have a gas free boat, grid supply water and electricity, plus solar panels, but first on to the design.

dpaws

Not sure if you are aware of the etiquette but its shocking bad form to mention Bowthrusters on this forum.

Thanks :) yes, scusa - my apologies, far too practical for real boaters.... besides, the punting pole is far more effective and efficient, if a little muddy at times....

This was on display at Crick Show a couple of years ago. I almost wrote "this, or one like it", but surely there can't be two.

You are absolutely right Athy, this boat was a the Crick show 2010 or 2011

There can't be two is only half right, as there's one almost exactly the same on the K & A, that one is a bit longer, as the locks on the K & A are longer than the locks on the L & L where the one of the picture is successfully trading.

Peter.