Toilet Seats

Retardedrocker

Featured Posts

It's bizarre that we happy boaters can never get away from toilet questions, but here's another one.

I have a Sanimarin macerator: C48 or something like that. The outside of it is as old as the boat, which makes it eleven years old. It works fine, but the seat is a bit past it's best and I would like to replace it.

There are two problems with this. First, a replacement costs £100 and second, Leesan (or whoever distributes them in the UK) don't have any and haven't had any for ages.

Finally to the question: will a standard seat fit?

Cheers,

T.

All you can do is measure it up and go to a DIY place and see what they have.

Standard loo seats tend to have a variable fixing bolt arrangement so that they fit a variety of toilets, but the bolt holes need to be the right size. The manual for your loo appears to show quite small bolt holes.

http://www.sanimarin.com/system/product_documentation_attachments/619/attachments/original_297-sanimarin-range-usa.pdf

The seat size appears to be close to the standard though.

So maybe best to take off the seat and go to B&Q (or wherever) with it.

AS Pearly has said, loo seats do come in different sizes (although they all look the same in the shop:D )

Measure front to back and at the widest point before shopping!

This ^^^^

In my experience, the Sanimarin bowl is about an inch shorter than a standard domestic one.

The plastic hinges on our Dometic Vacuflush failed this year so at the first hardware shop enroute (Uppermill) bought their entire stock of chrome plated brass hinges, one pair, which did not fit until I twigged that the hinge posts could be configured, as supplied centered on the bowl holes, or 12mm forward or 12mm aft of the bowl holes. This allows both an overlength and underlength seat to be accommodated.

Don