Towel Radiator Availability

Brian422

Featured Posts

The chrome plating on existing water heated Towel Radiator has deteriorated and needs replacing. Being a small ladder construction with overall width 400mm x 600mm high (360mm between pipe centre connections), is not readily available at local DIY outlets.

Plan A is to replace, plan B is to re-chrome.

I would be grateful for any advice, other than to paint rolleyes.gif, as to where to obtain suitable replacement or other possible solutions.

Not sure if the height or width or both is critical for you, but screwfix and toolstation both do a few 700x400mm

for example

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-flat-ladder-towel-radiator-chrome-700-x-400mm-176w-601btu/26726

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Heating/d230/Towel+Radiators/sd2672/Chrome+Curved+Towel+Radiator/p60362

and if you don't mind white Homebase do one

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/allegra-heated-towel-rail---white-600-x-400mm-505939

Edited by Chewbacka

Thanks to all for the feedback. Unfortunately height is restricted and has to be 600mm maximum. Had to make a very slim spanner to enable radiator bleeding from top mounted plugs.

Nick's suggestion looks best fit, no pun intended, so far.

I removed an old radiator from our bathroom and made a towel rail to spec from chromed 15mm pipe and compression fittings.... it's not that expensive, and the materials are readily available at plumbers' merchants.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Unfortunately height is restricted and has to be 600mm maximum. Had to make a very slim spanner to enable radiator bleeding from top mounted plugs.

Nick's suggestion looks best fit, no pun intended, so far.

The homebase rad is 600 x 400mm

As Ray alludes to above, there's a whole bunch of diminutive sizes available on ebay and a search of the Web will definitely find lots of them inside your size limits. I sourced a good quality chrome ladder radiator in a smaller and more awkward size from a quality source for about 40 quid not so long ago.

I removed an old radiator from our bathroom and made a towel rail to spec from chromed 15mm pipe and compression fittings.... it's not that expensive, and the materials are readily available at plumbers' merchants.

Top marks for ingenuity clapping.gif .