Diesel genny only starts 2nd time of asking

swift1894

Featured Posts

My genny has begun to start only at the second time of asking.

I'm giving it 10 seconds of pre heat before pressing the remote starting button, it seems like it's going to start but stops immediately, I press the start button again and away it goes no problem.?

Maybe the diesel is draining away from the pump overnight when the genny is stopped, from a tiny air leak in the fuel line????

I'll offer a firm £50 for it.

Anyway.

Has it got a key type ignition? If so then switch it to 'on' would probably energise the fuel pump and possibly the fresh water pump as well. Might be worth leaving in the 'on' position for a few seconds before starting?

One of my generators is a compact HFL Dc generator and I made my own control box for it using an on switch and a start button. The on switch starts the fuel pump and the fresh water pump.

Anyway it may be nothing like that but it seems to me you are suspicious about the fuel supply for some reason?

My genny has begun to start only at the second time of asking.

I'm giving it 10 seconds of pre heat before pressing the remote starting button, it seems like it's going to start but stops immediately, I press the start button again and away it goes no problem.

Maybe the diesel is draining away from the pump overnight when the genny is stopped, from a tiny air leak in the fuel line????

Check the Oil Pressure switch,the Start Button will Override it whilst cranking but if the switch fails to operate the motor will not continue to run once the Starter is released.

An oil change may be overdue?

CT