Cruiser Stern Decking

Featured Posts

I have just purchased 2 sheets of anti-slip eko ply which is recycled plastic ply 19mm thick. Due for delivery friday so will see what its all about when they arrive! I paid £60 per sheet.

http://www.ekoply.com/eng/produkty

I suspect it'll still be slippery when wet but look forward to what you report back. At least it won't rot. I wonder how it stands up to UV?

Tony

"They have increased resistance to UV radiation" Increased from what?

http://www.ekoply.com/eng/produkty

I suspect it'll still be slippery when wet but look forward to what you report back. At least it won't rot. I wonder how it stands up to UV?

Tony

And how it reacts to engine heat with a couple of bods standing on it. I suspect it may need extra support but time will tell.

Very pleased with the product, there wasnt much difference in strength between this and the 18mm ply however I have reinforced the underside of the boards with 25mm roofing battens. Artificial grass coming tomorrow !

The anti slip works well. it rained most of the day today and did not notice it being slippery

ybs6.jpg

Edited by Mitchellmoxo

I have just purchased 2 sheets of anti-slip eko ply which is recycled plastic ply 19mm thick. Due for delivery friday so will see what its all about when they arrive! I paid £60 per sheet.

So what's it like then?

Did you buy the standard board or the one with the denser core? Do they cut boards to size?

At 33kg for a 19mm 8' x 4' sheet it seems quite heavy compared to Buffalo board, although the website lists both types (standard and dense core) as the same weight so one of those product specs can't be right?

Edited by Claude

Its brilliant stuff so far. Only time will tell I guess, I purchased the standard stuff with the anti slip surface. It does feel lighter than the like for like sized ply boards I replaced them with however I think they were soaked with water!

Thanks. It does seem like a better solution than phenolic ply or aluminium checkerplate. It can't rot and I guess it must have UV resistant additives?

I couldn't see any prices on their website. What does a sheet cost?

Edited by Claude

I think so too as it cannot rot I think the ply will still go at some point if you don't seal the edges properly when cut.

The price was £60 per sheet + vat I paid £190 for both sheets including delivery. I phoned around a few places but that seemed to be the cheapest. It was from "second life products Wales" who were very helpful

I think they are using "increased" as an adjective there rather than a verb in the past tense, although it doesn't quantify UV resistance.

I think so too as it cannot rot I think the ply will still go at some point if you don't seal the edges properly when cut.

The price was £60 per sheet + vat I paid £190 for both sheets including delivery. I phoned around a few places but that seemed to be the cheapest. It was from "second life products Wales" who were very helpful

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Claude

I think they are using "increased" as an adjective there rather than a verb in the past tense, although it doesn't quantify UV resistance.

You can't use "increased" as an adjective. It isn't one. It's a verb.

They could use "superior" if they wanted. Better to simply drop the superlative entirely.

Tony

You can't use "increased" as an adjective. It isn't one. It's a verb.

Oh really?

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/increased#increased__1

http://www.memidex.com/increased+adjective

American speakers of English (of which there are more than a quarter of a billion) commonly use increased as an adjective. Increased is also sometimes used as an adjective in scientific writing.

You may not agree with that usage (that's a different issue), but the fact is that it is used in that way.

Edited by Claude

Ahhhh.......linguistics .......ever changing and evolving.

There will be many changes to come.

Yup, and I'll kick, fight, and hate every one ;) Edited by WotEver

Putting linguistics to one side....the artificial grass. A great idea as non slip but be aware that it could harbour damp beneath once wet...hopefully the edges are well sealed. Just a thought....

Dave