leicester

kingswood

Featured Posts

There are secure pontoon moorings at Castle Gardens. There is only room for about 4 boats but breasting up helps. There is a locked gate into the park which is locked at night but the gate at about 10 o'clock from where you leave the pontoon is locked on a CRT key so you can get back to your boat after sampling the delights of the city. On 2nd April you could go and see the Tigers in action against Gloucester. Its an experience to stand on a crowded terrace.

There's a whole lot to explore in leicester, be it markets and shopping, Richard 111, architecture, cultures, night life, eating out, theatres, sports, you name it, and as Richard says, Castle gardens is central and secure.

Good heavens, what an huge amount of dicks / Richards.

Three was quite enough.....

There are secure pontoon moorings at Castle Gardens. There is only room for about 4 boats but breasting up helps. There is a locked gate into the park which is locked at night but the gate at about 10 o'clock from where you leave the pontoon is locked on a CRT key so you can get back to your boat after sampling the delights of the city. On 2nd April you could go and see the Tigers in action against Gloucester. Its an experience to stand on a crowded terrace.

Has the ermm... "Broken Down" boat that was moored there last summer moved on yet?

Has the ermm... "Broken Down" boat that was moored there last summer moved on yet?

I hope so. Its so restricted there for room that I was tempted to move it to the end of the pontoon against the wall. If its the same boat, no name, Licence or registration number and looked like it had been there for months.

I hope so. Its so restricted there for room that I was tempted to move it to the end of the pontoon against the wall. If its the same boat, no name, Licence or registration number and looked like it had been there for months.

it is a bit of a problem. If the pontoon is full where instead? or would anyone just breast up?

it is a bit of a problem. If the pontoon is full where instead? or would anyone just breast up?

You can moor on the opposite bank (which is technically the tow path) During the day I would see no issue but in the evening there is quite a lot of activity on that side. I'm not saying that there is lots of trouble as I was only there for 2 days and I have spoken to someone that has moor towpath side a few times and had no issue.

Obviously I would prefer to more at Castle Gardens, but at a push I would moor on the towpath side.

People do pass by, but I think you'd have to be unlucky to get trouble there. May get noise, from 'happy' people on their way home after a bevy.

Martyn