Any customers of realdiesels.co.uk here?

MtB

Featured Posts

As title. Does anyone know anything about them from first hand experience? Are you a happy punter?

The seem to have a lot of Listers for sale all very nicely painted, but are extremely coy about who and where they are.

Thanks...

As title. Does anyone know anything about them from first hand experience? Are you a happy punter?

The seem to have a lot of Listers for sale all very nicely painted, but are extremely coy about who and where they are.

Thanks...

Yes. I've had the need to use him a few times. No complaints.

(believe it or not, I like to toy with the odd dumper truck or cement mixer engine). ninja.gif

Joking aside, yes only good experience with them thus far.

Edited by jenlyn

According to their web site they have one helluva lot of engines and parts in stock, suggesting that they're experienced people. Just one caveat: I would think twice about using a company which had only a mobile telephone number, as it can suggest a rootless, fly-by-night outfit.

I enquired approx 2 years ago about an ha2 or hr2 with g/box fully reconditioned; £4500 which is not bad, I thought. Seemed nice enough through email exchanges

Darren

So presumably you didn't buy one. Why not?

Not in stock? Doubts about who they are? Were they asking for a deposit?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you ever find out where they are? I'm toying with changing plan and getting an HR2..

Casp'

There is some evidence to suggest that they operate out of a private address in Wheelwright Road, Birmingham:

https://panjiva.com/Realdiesels/38463636

You need to scroll down the page a bit.

Edited by PaulG

Did you ever find out where they are? I'm toying with changing plan and getting an HR2..

Casp'

If you want a Lister HR-2 that you can handstart from front or back, with Lister 3 : 1 gearboxes, I have 2 of these with very low hours for sale.

They were for an abandonned project I had.

I want £ 2000 for one, if you (or someone else) wants to buy them both, I will let them go for £ 3500.

One of these won't fit between your bulkheads as they are at the moment of course.

462819LISTERHR203.jpg

898775LISTERHR202.jpg

955450LISTERHR204.jpg

Peter.

I didn't mean to put HR2, it's an HA2 i'm toying with. An HR would be a bit powerful for my little boat..

Casp'

Not much difference in size though.

HA-2 1854 cc 22 Hp @ 1800n

HR-2 2090 cc 21.5Hp @ 1500n and if you need more power in case of strong flow on a river there's 29.5 Hp available @ 2100n.

So the HR-2 has 0.5 Hp less than an HA-2 at 300n less, so much slower revolutions with almost the same power, and a much nicer exhaust sound.

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

I always think HA's have a much nicer exhaust sound, HR's tend to sound a bit busy.

Casp'

Then they probably run making more revolutions, if not it's not easy to notice a difference of which I prefer the sound of an HR which doesn't have to work as hard to deliver the same amount of HP as an HA, so should really sound less busy logically.

Peter.

ps. don't think however that I'm trying to talk you into,buying one (or both) of my engines, there must be plenty around anyway.

• 7 years later...
12 hours ago, Peugeot 106 said:

Please explain further. Have you had bad experience?

Not a bad experience per se, they used to be rather helpful and keen to go the extra mile. These days they're a bit 'Sleeman and Hawken' -ish...fine if you have a part number.