Boats Broken into Grafton Regis Area

CDS

Featured Posts

A bit late I know and please excuse me if its already out there,

but two boats broken into last weekend in this area,one lost their

generator the other one stripped inside.Please be aware

RCR put a message out to say Brewood, Wheaton Aston and Norbury. Boat related items are being stolen particularly batteries, invertors and gennys. Please let neighbours know who may not be aware or have access to the Internet.

That's good , But what are the Police doing about it ??

RCR put a message out to say Brewood, Wheaton Aston and Norbury. Boat related items are being stolen particularly batteries, invertors and gennys. Please let neighbours know who may not be aware or have access to the Internet.

Can you expand on that please tillergirl? E.g can you post RCR's message?

I have heard of some pikey types snooping around the High Onn moorings, with a vehicle. I have a few friends moored there. Thanks!

Just a thought , But shouldn't CaRT have a duty of care to protect their license paying boaters .. Maybe having private security firms to patrol dodgy locations.

Paid for by whom?

Just a thought , But shouldn't CaRT have a duty of care to protect their license paying boaters .. Maybe having private security firms to patrol dodgy locations.

I can see that going down well. Could you please provide private sercurity, for all the dumpers and cc'ers. Oh hang on maybe they could get volunteers to do it.

Regards kris

Can you expand on that please tillergirl? E.g can you post RCR's message?

I have heard of some pikey types snooping around the High Onn moorings, with a vehicle. I have a few friends moored there. Thanks!

Lifted from their FB page sorry thats all i know

Edited by tillergirl

The message reads:

WARNING...We have had many reports of boats being broken into/tampered with around the Midlands area (Brewood, Wheaton Aston and Norbury). Boat related items are being stolen i.e. batteries, inverters etc. Please be extra vigilant and make sure your vessel is secure.

The message reads:

WARNING...We have had many reports of boats being broken into/tampered with around the Midlands area (Brewood, Wheaton Aston and Norbury). Boat related items are being stolen i.e. batteries, inverters etc. Please be extra vigilant and make sure your vessel is secure.

Thank you tg. I'll alert my chums down there!

It was just a thought . What's your solution to this problem ?

The problem of property left in isolated places is one common to all sorts of sectors. It applies to boats, vehicles and property. CRT are a navigation authority not a security service. I didn't hold them responsible for the security of my boat any more than I hold the Highways Agency responsible for the security of my caravan or car if I have left them in an isolated location.

The problem is not one that there is any easy solution to. Yes you could introduce security staff but how do you decide to deploy them? And when you have deployed them how do they possibly cover all possible isolated sections? You do know how big the inland waterway Network is I take it?

The solution (such as there is) lies with boat owners in my opinion

A - thinking about where they moor

B - Thinking about how they secure their boat.

C - Thinking carefully about what they leave on the boat when they leave them unattended.

None of this will of course solve the problem but then neither will paying for security in one place when the thieves move onto a new area when they discover your security personnel have deployed in a particular spot.

Edited by MJG