Car hire & pets

b0atman

Featured Posts

I recently hired from Enterprise and in conversation with the driver, who picked me up from my boat, it was mentioned no pets allowed in cars. Although this does not apply to me at the moment I wonder how many are aware of this and what are other car hire companies like. Would it also apply to van hire too?

We hired last year. Covered the whole rear inside with a huge dustsheet and literally went mad with the Fabreeze before handing the car back. Was a private hire firm though.

This year we are letting the train take the strain and the dogs are coming with us. Much cheaper and less hassle.

Edited by tillergirl

I needed to get me + Doberman dog from here to there. A local car hire firm said 'no pets' but sent me to the van hire firm.

They were happy to rent and the handover man reconed the van would be safe with 'that thing' looking at you.

A little more expensive, comfortable and I moved some kit for a mate at the same time (££). Result.

I recently hired from Enterprise and in conversation with the driver, who picked me up from my boat, it was mentioned no pets allowed in cars. Although this does not apply to me at the moment I wonder how many are aware of this and what are other car hire companies like. Would it also apply to van hire too?

Not usually the case with van hire,no.

Don't forget that B&Q and some others do van hire by the hour now

• 2 weeks later...

We've just hired small vans from enterprise and put the dogs in the back.

Good idea.

We have just returned a car to Enterprise, after a weekend hire. I have to say that we are really pleased with the experience. Did over four hundred miles. Nice Fiesta, only done 2k before we added our few. Staff are spot on.

Hiring again for Christmas, might get a van as I'm thinking of bring our bikes back.