Bath/basin waste reducing to 3/4" pipe

furnessvale

Featured Posts

I am fitting a standard household shower tray and handbasin on a boat. I simply hate the plastic boat and caravan offerings.

Does anyone have any info on coupling reducers to bring standard household pipes down to 3/4" for boat outlets?

Thanks.

George ex nb Alton retired

I am fitting a standard household shower tray and handbasin on a boat. I simply hate the plastic boat and caravan offerings.

Does anyone have any info on coupling reducers to bring standard household pipes down to 3/4" for boat outlets?

Thanks.

You should find something here http://www.asap-supplies.com/marine/hose-and-pipe-fittings

Hello George,

I've never been able to find suitable reducers apart from adapting a washing machine trap but they only come in 1.5''- 3/4''.

On PETRA the bath and basin outlets are run to a home made aluminium box with lid ( a bit like a mud box ) in standard 1.5'' and 1.25'' pipe. A 3/4'' pipe then runs from this to a whale gulper pump.

Keith

Thanks.

Hi George

One of these http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/general/domestic-appliance-accessories/1-189-straight-nozzle.html?id=30&cat=30

should work for you, you can always purchase a straight coupling to fit on to a length of standard pipe, or should fitin to a trap.

We used to purchase them from Crosslings in Salford

Cheers

Roger

Thanks for all the replies. In the end, a couple of the McAlpine fittings suggested by Roger will do the trick.

Less than £2 each from my local plumbing merchant. Anyone else trying to buy them mention a washing machine take off. They don't seem to understand 3/4" pipes on boats.

Boats don't necessarily need to have 3/4" waste pipes and skin fittings - a range of sizes are available. I have 1&1/2" on my kitchen and bathroom sinks. The shower is 3/4" as it has a whale gulper pump and is less prone to getting blocked, but for gravity drained sinks I'd always go bigger for the opposite reason. Once you start reducing pipes you've effectively made a funnel which is perfect for creating blockages.

brass-skin-fittings-1382436190-l.jpg

Edited by blackrose

Boats don't necessarily need to have 3/4" waste pipes and skin fittings - a range of sizes are available. I have 1&1/2" on my kitchen and bathroom sinks. The shower is 3/4" as it has a whale gulper pump and is less prone to getting blocked, but for gravity drained sinks I'd always go bigger for the opposite reason. Once you start reducing pipes you've effectively made a funnel which is perfect for creating blockages.

All very true but my skin fittings are already in place.