Some Cracking Tools At Lidl Next Week

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

I am not saying don't buy air tools but be very careful of vibration times we use them at work and the time for a sander is 2hrs in 24 hrs

a air saw is 1 minute a day needle guns are about 3 minutes in a day

If i am using a sander for 2 hrs i can't use other air tools all day

What i am saying is check the times before you use them H&S you will not want white finger

Graham

http://www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/themes/brandon/downloads/Vibration_Safey_Guide.pdf

Edited by jacko264

I am not saying don't buy air tools but be very careful of vibration times we use them at work and the time for a sander is 2hrs in 24 hrs

a air saw is 1 minute a day needle guns are about 3 minutes in a day

If i am using a sander for 2 hrs i can't use other air tools all day

What i am saying is check the times before you use them H&S you will not want white finger

Graham

http://www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/themes/brandon/downloads/Vibration_Safey_Guide.pdf

My god i would never get the boat sanded if i did 2hrs every 24hrs, i did near 5 hours the other week in one day and stillnot done, as you can see no H&S here lol.

Edited by W+T

I don't think you would find HAVS a thing to laugh at if you develop it.

Christ, lighten up!!! I'm sure Wooly is a big lad capable of making his own mind up.

Luckily his boss T let's him get on with the job in hand....

As blaster bates said, one side effect of having the sh!t shaken out of you by a big pneumatic drill is it makes you rather anti social.

The Victorians would of got sod all done in today's world. Would have been a few less deaths though....

My god i would never get the boat sanded if i did 2hrs every 24hrs, i did near 5 hours the other week in one day and stillnot done, as you can see no H&S here lol.

I was just warning people i do know people with white finger and its not nice just be very careful

Graham

ps did you look at the link i put up ?

I will add it to the list of every other problem that i have and expect then wink.png

If i was dong it every day they that would be a different matter, rik my life everyday on the crazy roads at work, wheres the H&S there then, roads sign dont work anymore lol.

I was just warning people i do know people with white finger and its not nice just be very careful

Graham

ps did you look at the link i put up ?

Morning Jacko, good that you mentioned it, lot of folk dont know about these things and effects it could have on them,i had a quick look at your link but all number and figures. I dont do that, reason my bank account is always empty i think smile.png.

In the real world not many folk do H&S of today, wasnt exactly laughing at HAVS anyway, its was just a comment on....

Luckily his boss T let's him get on with the job in hand....

Yep so then i can sue her for thousands, she is a tuff boss, but she has a good pension :):)

Edited by W+T

Blimey .....I needle gunned the whole of Sabina H (inside and out) all day, every day, for weeks !!! (and it was one of those wopping great two handed monsters) Tougher bits were walloped with a BIG 'mer until the scale flaked off. Reckon I should have developed white body.....let alone white finger.

Some years earlier I wire brushed the whole of a 72' narrow boat (again inside and out) with a 9" angle grinder fitted with those big cup brushes (my leather apron used to look like a hedgehog at the end of each day)

Apart from back ache buxxered elbow joints and tinnitus I'm still fine unsure.png

Indeed. earlier this year we bought a garden shredder from B&Q, their own brand but Chinese-made. We plugged it in and Mrs. Athy started happily feeding it small pieces of wood to chomp up. After TEN MINUTES it hiccupped, burped and ground (?) to a halt after disgorging half of one of its internal castings through the exit hole. To my surprise, B&Q gave us an immediate refund with no questions asked - this suggests that they must be used to poor quality in their Chinese-sourced tools

Silver lining: I never wanted the bloody thing anyway.

My Goodness, have you not read my moanings about the 'Quality Stuff' China churns out? You can take a horse to China.....

Horrible white fingers at the breakfast table:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration_white_finger

Tools that may have a bit of quality, though I wouldn't be too keen on the Argentinian stuff (made by Argentinians in string vests in sweatshops in Buenos Aires?) (probably with white fingers also):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahco