canal and river trust stating none sighting

bux

Featured Posts

Sick of what?

Sick of receiving one email?

there has been more than one, I emailed back and asked them to stop emailing me and instead email the one my son provided, still the emails keep on coming to me, any way will go to cart tomorrow again to update them

I might just do that, as I am sick of it now

but why should he have to tell them, they are after all a voluntary organisation, that are going too far in my opinion

Has he said he won't?

If he has, that's not a good idea. Give them the movements, then lay into them about harassment, because that's what all this is in fact becoming.

The pleasure of boating is fast eroding, from crap maintenance, being hidden by highlighting a small problem to the extent of promoting it as a huge one.

Edited by jenlyn
  • Greenie 2

but why should he have to tell them, they are after all a voluntary organisation, that are going too far in my opinion

CRT aren't a voluntary organisation, they are a charitable trust responsible for 2000 miles of waterways. They do use volunteers for some functions but they are not just a bunch of volunteers having a bit of a jolly Why can't your son just ring them up and tell them where he has been cruising to comply with his licence or is he holed up in some little unknown spot keeping his head down and not continuously cruising...?

• Greenie 1

CRT aren't a voluntary organisation, they are a charitable trust responsible for 2000 miles of waterways. They do use volunteers for some functions but they are not just a bunch of volunteers having a bit of a jolly Why can't your son just ring them up and tell them where he has been cruising to comply with his licence or is he holed up in some little unknown spot keeping his head down and not continuously cruising...?

what does it matter where he is, he is not a criminal to report in when they demand

any way will see them tomorrow to clarify again

if your son creates an account on the CRT website he canupdate his details on there. That at least should stop the emails coming to you.

yes will do that also

what does it matter where he is, he is not a criminal to report in when they demand

No but the conditions of the licence for someone without a home mooring means you have to move the boat to satisfy the conditions or face enforcement.

what is this, what will it do and how do you set it up please

You can buy a Vehicle Tracking unit from Amazon.uk for around £50, it comes with a sim card fitted inside a small black box, the unit only needs a 12 v supply and it also comes with an external stick on arial that can be placed somewhere discreet on the boat, you can call this little black box up via any mobile phone and you get the boats longitude and latitude sent to the mobile phone which can be entered into google earth giving the location of the boat on a map visually.

The GPS data is also stored onto an SD Card stating the boats location day by day, you can then download and send the location of the boat to the CRT and it will assure them we are playing by their 'rules'.

Its newish to me technology and i have yet to put it in place but many people use this method on boats.

i hope i have explained it well i have had a bottle of redblush.png

Edited by grumpy146

Yes but it seems a bit of a waste of valuable staff time just so you can find out if you were logged while cooking

Yes, I'm not actually concerned about my cruising pattern, 360 miles in 6 weeks would seem to satisfy CRT's requirements, I was just interested to know if I could find out where I had been spotted, should I ever want to.

They are not a voluntary organisation, they are the navigation authority.

If your son wants to licence as a CCer, he has to satisfy them that he is moving around. It is for him to satisfy them that he is, not for them to prove that he isn't.

So, he doesn't have to tell them, but if he won't tell them, then they can decline to issue him with a licence.

It seems the sensible option is to take a solicitor with you when going boating these days. Oh well, these things are sent to try us I suppose.

Suety the issue is CRT think there is no boating going on, on a CC licence.

You can buy a Vehicle Tracking unit from Amazon.uk for around £50, it comes with a sim card fitted inside a small black box, the unit only needs a 12 v supply and it also comes with an external stick on arial that can be placed somewhere discreet on the boat, you can call this little black box up via any mobile phone and you get the boats longitude and latitude sent to the mobile phone which can be entered into google earth giving the location of the boat on a map visually.

The GPS data can be stored onto a SD Card, you can send the location of the boat to the CRT and it will assure them we are playing by their 'rules'.

Its newish to me technology and i have yet to put it in place.

Let me tell you what Denise Yelland stated when I offered my data from a similar device. "We did look at that, but decided that some would fit it to a bike and ride up the canal with it",

So don't go talking him into spending 50 quid. It will be wasted.

Let me tell you what Denise Yelland stated when I offered my data from a similar device. "We did look at that, but decided that some would fit it to a bike and ride up the canal with it",

It doesn't matter what Denise thinks of it. It's what a court thinks of the data that counts.

• Greenie 1

Suety the issue is CRT think there is no boating going on, on a CC licence.

Only because people like yourself attempt to convince them as such.

It doesn't matter what Denise thinks of it. It's what a court thinks of the data that counts.

Rubbish. How many times do you have to be told before you get it? You don't get taken to court for not moving enough!

Rubbish. How many times do you have to be told before you get it? You don't get taken to court for not moving enough!

can I pm you, and if yes how do I do it?

You clearly don't understand the process. You take them to court before it gets that far, according to Mr Dunkley. Or are you saying he doesn't 'get it' either?

hey mike the boilerman can I pm you and if yes how do I do it

You can, but really you need to ask Tony Dunkley. He's the one telling us this is what you do.

And he's probably right. He has a track record of sticking it to CRT on stuff like this.

You can, but really you need to ask Tony Dunkley. He's the one telling us this is what you do.

And he's probably right. He has a track record of sticking it to CRT on stuff like this.

ok thanks

Tracking Units are used in a court of law all the time, they are also used as police as evidence.

Insurance company's pay out million's every single day on the account of vehicle theft from the data provided by such devices and CRT are small fry potatoes compared to them who play with the big Ace's.

Tracker Units decrease insurance by as much as a third because 1 they work 2 they are court worthy.

Edited by grumpy146

As a matter of interest, have you spoken to your son about it? What does he say about it and what does he propose to do?

I can imagine you must be sick of it, as it shouldn't be your problem, so why not just pass it on to him and get him to deal with it?

Edited by abraxus
  • Greenie 2

As a matter of interest, have you spoken to your son about it? What does he say about it and what does he propose to do?

I can imagine you must be sick of it, as it shouldn't be your problem, so why not just pass it on to him and get him to deal with it?

Perhaps he is a responsible sort of dad?