I am beginning to be concerned

DeanS

Featured Posts

You're missing the point Dean, and by a country mile at that.

You have a (home) mooring and, therefore, do not need to comply with any minimum distances or any other patterns of boat movement whatsoever.

No, you;re missing the point. Dean accepts the T&Cs and has no wish to quibble over them.

Dean's beef is that their data is wrong and he HAS been complying with the CC rules (even though you and I know he doresn't need to).

This thread has completely confused the whole issue for anybody reading it.

On the one hand we have.

A You have a home mooring you have nothing to fear.

On the other we have

b You have a home mooring but it makes no difference you still need to move in the same way as if you don't.

Then we have posters who say initially A and then B within the same thread.

Clearly CWDF is not the place to seek advice on this issue.

You're missing the point Dean, and by a country mile at that.

You have a (home) mooring and, therefore, do not need to comply with any minimum distances or patterns of boat movement whatsoever.

I know this Tony. CRT don't worry about what's written in law.

To digress a bit, is the water point at Slattocks not working or have the new owners of the house cut it off?

if the owners of the house have cut off the water then they won't be the first, or prob the last (if any lock cottages are actually left) to do so. CRT expertise at work - it seems they forgot that in several cases the facilities were attached to the cottages - and that those buying the cottages would not wish to finance, boaters needs!

Edited by thunderbird

Perhaps I've missed something in another thread, but I understand that

1) You have a job, and

2) You have a marina mooring.

So why not moor in the marina?

Because I'm a boater...who likes boating....and you can't "go boating" inside a marina.

The marina also turns into this during summer (although this year seems better).

I return to the marina for winter......

Edited by DeanS

This thread has completely confused the whole issue for anybody reading it.

On the one hand we have.

A You have a home mooring you have nothing to fear.

On the other we have

b You have a home mooring but it makes no difference you still need to move in the same way as if you don't.

Then we have posters who say initially A and then B within the same thread.

Clearly CWDF is not the place to seek advice on this issue.

I don't think it's any fault of cwdf, it's the "git gap" way CRT are dealing with it.

It could be that boaters don't worry about what is written in law or they'd stand up to CRT, I find an attitiude of it doesn't affect me so why should I worry - until that is it does affect them - and then they cry!

Edited by thunderbird

Although I'm fairly new to boating, I'm sure that this is not correct. I have a home mooring which I pay for annually, but as I understand it that would not allow me to moor on the towpath somewhere in the same place for a year?

I should have worded that better, but I am becoming a little tired of needing to repeat this ad nauseum. There are differing requirements in Law for boat use and movements depending on whether or not you have a mooring. C&RT are attempting to force HM'ers to comply with CC'ing rules.

1) You have a job, and

The mooring, in the middle of Manchester, has open public access , is plagued by stoned scumbags in summer.

But why shouldn't Dean cruise up and over the hill for the view, while fulfilling the t&cs, without emails engendered by insufficient / inept logging?

Could you remind us of the key points of the wingfield case please?

Had his license revoked for not moving enough according to CaRT’s interpretation of the rules.

By agreement after 2 days’ trial, a confidential settlement resulted in restoration of his licence and provision of a mooring.

So why are you offering up evidence that you are complying with something that the Law does not require you to comply with? You're reacting in the way C&RT hoped you would, and encouraging them to continue harassing you, and everyone else in a similar situation.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

Had his license revoked for not moving enough according to CaRT’s interpretation of the rules.

By agreement after 2 days’ trial, a confidential settlement resulted in restoration of his licence and provision of a mooring.

So did Mr Wingfield have a home mooring to start with? I find it bizarre that CRT seem to want to take cases to court to then reach settlement.

Surely, they should use somd form of arbitration first? I

How do you intend to distribute, and who will oversee the transaction?

See my previous. I can supply the solicitors details who would be the party to lodge the request.

The relevant form is filled out by them and sent to both Court and the chosen transcribers, with estimated times.

On receiving the recording, the transcribers ask for their estimated cost, and once completed you might be asked for a bit more, or any surplus refunded.

Distributing any surplus [i invariably get a partial refund because I prefer to over-estimate times] would be the trickiest bit I suppose, unless – as has also been suggested previously – a fund for future agreed support was established. The differential is not usually that significant though.

So why are you offering up evidence that you are complying with something that the Law does not require you to comply with? You're reacting in the way C&RT hoped you would, and inviting them to continue harassing you.

You beat CRT in court.

Their response was to launch the new T&Cs.

They obviously don't care about the law.

I don't agree with the validity of the T&Cs....but I have no real problem with the concept of having to move very 14days......I would have a problem if they decided to impose some sort of..."you need to return to your marina for 1 week per month" rule or something......but they haven't got that silly.....yet.....

See my previous. I can supply the solicitors details who would be the party to lodge the request.

The relevant form is filled out by them and sent to both Court and the chosen transcribers, with estimated times.

On receiving the recording, the transcribers ask for their estimated cost, and once completed you might be asked for a bit more, or any surplus refunded.

Distributing any surplus [i invariably get a partial refund because I prefer to over-estimate times] would be the trickiest bit I suppose, unless – as has also been suggested previously – a fund for future agreed support was established. The differential is not usually that significant though.

K. Cheers for that.

So did Mr Wingfield have a home mooring to start with? I find it bizarre that CRT seem to want to take cases to court to then reach settlement.

Surely, they should use somd form of arbitration first? I

They don't need to. They have unlimited funds at their disposal to fight it out in court, and rely on the boater caving in under financial pressure.

I think that's how it works anyway.

No, you;re missing the point. Dean accepts the T&Cs and has no wish to quibble over them.

Dean's beef is that their data is wrong and he HAS been complying with the CC rules (even though you and I know he doresn't need to).

I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree that it's ever sensible to argue against accusations of not doing something that you're not obliged to do.

CRT's logging of boats overstaying have been known to be inaccurate, often shockingly so. The trust has been known to take the word of boater hating householders over the word of boaters, Loughborough being an example of this.

Ralph Freeman was accused of overstaying when he had in fact cruised some considerable distance - shocking inaccuracy again.

Tony Ball asked CRT to tell him the location it was holding for him, it said the Erewash, he was more than forty miles away, I know this to be true because I was moored with him.

CRT came in with a big stick and continues to wield this - which is why there are increasingly more spaces in marinas, and more boats on the sales jetties. Wrecking the 'dream' has not been a good move on the part of the trust- boating is heading for the doldrums.

Parry obviously has no time for we boaters, once a railway man always a railway man and look what the railways did to the canals in the past. RIP the 'dream' and hopefully soonest RIP the arrogant criminally unprofessional trust that only seeks to stop the complaints of those marina owners that feel they were duped by it and by so doing is bringing our waterways to their knees!

• Greenie 1

1) You have a job, and

Give me strength , did you not google as mentioned.

All that was needed was a phone call to Crt to rest the mind Dean. (Bobby said pick up the pigging phone job sorted)

Maybe its not a good idea to advertize online the where abouts of our Boat Journeys/Boat Names especially as the Crt Guidelines

'Rules are Imcomprehensable to most people even long term rule 'obeyer's'.dry.png