going to blush asking this one

nursegrowl

Featured Posts

It is somthing that i have thought about.

I bet you have, you dirty dog.... :blush:

- However, you could always move the boat to a quieter, depending on the situation.

When the urge arises,i think that by the time you have :-

...pulled pins, cruised 30 mins into no mans land, moored back up...

...the "moment" would have passed. :rolleyes:

I only get a 30 min slot every few weeks....No way im missing it to move the boat.

The way to test the sound proofing of any boat you may be interested in buying is: when viewing, leave a tape recorder outside then go in, shut the windows, and get on with it in every room you may be likely to perform such activities. Afterwards you can play the tape back and hear for yourself. Alternatively you can ask the vendor/broker to stand outside and see if they can hear.

When a friend was selling the dear, departed, Gertrude, many years ago, the eventual buyers insisted on lying down in each room for a couple of hours 'to get the vibe (man)'. No shenanigins though.

in current situation, it would have to be the vendor/broker to be involved !!!!! maybe that would get me a discount, or maybe just thrown out :banghead:

in current situation, it would have to be the vendor/broker to be involved !!!!! maybe that would get me a discount, or maybe just thrown out :unsure:

In any event, several people have told us that our Kelvin K3 running at 250 rpm is better than sex...

Alternativly, get a recording of some 33hz humm and blast it fullbore thoughout the unions sound system... :banghead:

Daniel

Isn't it amazing the distance sound can carry across water on a still summer's night ? The things you hear in the distance as you struggle to get to sleep! They say walls have ears, but so does every boat in the marina!!

Dick :banghead:

Isn't it amazing the distance sound can carry across water on a still summer's night ? The things you hear in the distance as you struggle to get to sleep! They say walls have ears, but so does every boat in the marina!!

Dick :banghead:

I once woke up in the very early morning on a campsite to hear the sound of a couple in a tent somewhere close by enjoying a very obvious "intimate" moment

Suddenly there was a loud cry of .............."Go on my Son!!!......mek 'er 'ave it!!!"

Closely followed by subdued titters and guffaws from all over the campsite

I once woke up in the very early morning on a campsite to hear the sound of a couple in a tent somewhere close by enjoying a very obvious "intimate" moment

Suddenly there was a loud cry of .............."Go on my Son!!!......mek 'er 'ave it!!!"

Closely followed by subdued titters and guffaws from all over the campsite

hehe!! Excellent story..I could just picture it..sounds like a proper carry on camping scene!

In the last flat I had, a converted Victorian house, every Sunday fortnight at 9pm exactly I could hear the couple upstairs having "a special cuddle" - thank fully it never really lasted very long!!

One eve, thou, I had a female friend staying over, one I've known for nearly thirty years, and she was crashing in the bed with me rather than the sofa. Told her about the "shennanigans" upstairs now and then, as we were rather piddled, we then spent the next three hours pretending to have very, very, very loud and rowdy sex! The looks I got from the couple upstairs afterwards were classic!! :banghead:

[edit for grammer]

Edited by Chris J W

My Sis used to tell a story about a couple on the camp site at Sidmouth folk festival one year. Whilst everybody else was having late afternoon kip before the evening sessions began, one couple had an "amorous event". They made such a row about it, they got a round of applause from the rest of the camp site when they had finished. A few minutes later they emerged from their tent very red faced! Perhaps that's why most folkies get so p*ssed they couldn't manage it anyway.

In the last flat I had, a converted Victorian house, every Sunday fortnight at 9pm exactly I could hear the couple upstairs having "a special cuddle" - thank fully it never really lasted very long!!

One eve, thou, I had a female friend staying over, one I've known for nearly thirty years, and she was crashing in the bed with me rather than the sofa. Told her about the "shennanigans" upstairs now and then, as we were rather piddled, we then spent the next three hours pretending to have very, very, very loud and rowdy sex! The looks I got from the couple upstairs afterwards were classic!! :banghead:

[edit for grammer]

Pretending. Yeah, right. We believe you.

Reminds me of an occasion a few years back when the historic boat gathering was held in the centre of Nottingham, adjacent to the former canal warehouse that has been converted to a nightclub. Friends were there with their boat and the wife complained they were kept awake till 2.00am by the loud music........

...."and there was nothing we could do......." :banghead:

Edited by Hairy-Neil

I am reminded of the story of a pair of carp anglers, fishing at night on an isolated lake .They were sitting there nattering and having a cup of coffee when a car came bumping down the lane, pulled over under the trees nearby and a young couple hopped out and "performed" on the car bonnet in the glare of the headlights.

The two anglers sat there quietly in the darkness, not wishing to interrupt such an intimate moment, but, the display having finished, they felt they ought to show their appreciation, so gave them a round of applause and a few cries of "Bravo!"

I'm told the car left the scene considerably faster than it had arrived!!

Dick

I am reminded of the story of a pair of carp anglers, fishing at night on an isolated lake .They were sitting there nattering and having a cup of coffee when a car came bumping down the lane, pulled over under the trees nearby and a young couple hopped out and "performed" on the car bonnet in the glare of the headlights.

The two anglers sat there quietly in the darkness, not wishing to interrupt such an intimate moment, but, the display having finished, they felt they ought to show their appreciation, so gave them a round of applause and a few cries of "Bravo!"

I'm told the car left the scene considerably faster than it had arrived!!

Dick

:lol:

This is :banghead: slightly.

I used to design cozzies for a certain theme park (that shall remain nameless) and I got chatting to the security chaps one day, while waiting for a cab. They regailed me with tales of the bizarre things they've seen in their job, one of which was the case of a gay couple making the most of the car park facilities in the middle of the night. Unbeknownst to the "performers" there were security cameras trained on their every move, and the security man overseeing the CCTV called all his colleagues in from their various jobs around the park, made cups of cocoa and they all sat down to watch the free show!

Only when they were finished did the security team send a car up to the car park to scare them off!

:o

This is :unsure: slightly.

I used to design cozzies for a certain theme park (that shall remain nameless) and I got chatting to the security chaps one day, while waiting for a cab. They regailed me with tales of the bizarre things they've seen in their job, one of which was the case of a gay couple making the most of the car park facilities in the middle of the night. Unbeknownst to the "performers" there were security cameras trained on their every move, and the security man overseeing the CCTV called all his colleagues in from their various jobs around the park, made cups of cocoa and they all sat down to watch the free show!

Only when they were finished did the security team send a car up to the car park to scare them off!

:)

Actually, that's just reminded me. I also knew of an Entertainments Manager and a Front of House staff member getting jiggy with it on an antique table in the mansion in the grounds of this same theme park. They too were caught on CCTV and promptly sacked.

Must have been a good summer, that one.

Arriving at Farmers Bridge top lock one afternoon after slogging up from Salford Junction, we retired to the 'Flapper' for a quick one, only to find a couple in the deserted canalside garden with a different interpretation of quick one...... We walked by within inches without them even stopping to take a breath.....

When we got upstairs into the bar area, the entire pub staff and several customers were watching on the CCTV..... :banghead:

Arriving at Farmers Bridge top lock one afternoon after slogging up from Salford Junction, we retired to the 'Flapper' for a quick one, only to find a couple in the deserted canalside garden with a different interpretation of quick one...... We walked by within inches without them even stopping to take a breath.....

When we got upstairs into the bar area, the entire pub staff and several customers were watching on the CCTV..... :banghead:

:o:unsure:

I remember once, about 10 years ago, just messing about while out for a drive with a friend, spotting my big brother driving to a local beauty spot at night. We decided to follow him (no idea why) once of the road, we switched off our lights so he wouldn't know we were following him, and snuck up to where he was parked, as we flicked on our lights to surprise him, we were met with the sight of my brother backside bouncing up and down as he had an 'special cuddle' with a girlfriend, we were stuck there for a few minutes, too scared to move in case he noticed......then just panicked and drove off at speed!!! I'll never forget the sight of a rather large bum going white as it pressed on the windscreen and them dropped down only to repeat the movement.........

He didn't know I had seen, til about a year ago, I drunkenly told him!!!!

I'm sure I have mental scars from it still...........

I'm sure I have mental scars from it still...........

Yeh! I'm sure you do :banghead: I live next to a hospital.....and nurses home.....and I came here in 1979, living on my own :o

I suppose we could cross this topic with inconsiderate boaters.....well the ones I breasted up to in my Norman a few years ago......can't sleep very well on a boat anyway, especially as I wasn't really used to it then........well he could have offered to swap for a while :unsure:

I used to do the first aid at Upton Jazz Festival with St John and we used to put an ambulance in the town, opposite the end of the bridge, up to about 11 oclock at night. We were sitting in it one night waiting for something to do, when my slighty aged female assistant said she thought she saw someone falling down in the riverside garden. Not wanting to get out of the truck she turned on the handheld spot light and tracked across the garden, only to see a white bum appear then disappear very quickly. 2 minutes later a dishevelled couple appeared and ran off.

Most of us are not as young as we were - If we complain ignore - if we don't - speak up please!

Only tonight my wife shouted "Run upstairs and make love to me!" I shouted back "Sorry love but I can't do both." :banghead:

• 1 year later...

When we got upstairs into the bar area, the entire pub staff and several customers were watching on the CCTV..... :lol:

Well it's not an uncommon sight around th[ose] parts, Ian the landlord's forever complaining about the used condoms luring arouund... No progenitor of safe sex he! If it was in the garden proper they wouldn't find it a very nice place these days due to the number of cats that frequent it.

Carl, did those folk who bought Gertrude Bow Haul her north?

No.

Sadly Gertrude was broken up, last year.

I know she was broken up.

She was the first boat I knew and even her knees have a lot ot be responsible for, it's just that one half of that couple, who I could certainly imagine "getting the vibe" was one of those responsible for me being a boater these days so I wondered whether, knowing that they'd bow hauled/hitched tows back to Macclesfield whether you'd met them?

My oldest cat's called Gertrude!

edit: Love

Smelly

Edited by Bagpuss