a little rant about towpaths being anti mooring pins

DeanS

Featured Posts

I am having a great time up t'north leaving Wigan today Booked to go into Liverpool Sunday (free electric hook ups & mooring).

Mike you can breast up both your boats on these canals.Only problem the careful northerners only want cheep boiler repairs .

Another thing I've noticed is there still seems to be loads of moorings for £1,300 a year up north, unlike the £3k a year they cost down here!

You mean there ARE some proper narrow locks and the place won't be infested with widebeams?

Phew!

I'm sure you'd enjoy wandering back and forth along the HNC, which is hardly infested with any boats at all. And you could always hide in the tunnel.

I am having a great time up t'north leaving Wigan today Booked to go into Liverpool Sunday (free electric hook ups & mooring).

Mike you can breast up both your boats on these canals.Only problem the careful northerners only want cheep boiler repairs .

Boiler on a boat? is that like the two jumpers and a bin bag we up norf' wear in winter - you'll be telling me next that southern boats have bathrooms and toilets

Boiler on a boat? is that like the two jumpers and a bin bag we up norf' wear in winter - you'll be telling me next that southern boats have bathrooms and toilets

I am a northerner and we have a bath on our boat. Where would we keep the coal otherwise?

I think if southerners are going to take a boat up north, someone should do it in style and take one of those flashy wedding cake cruisers from the Thames up there. They're probably seaworthy enough to do the trip up the east coast with a competent sea-going skipper in good weather, and while they wouldn't fit under some canal bridges or through that long Standedge tunnel, I suppose they'd go up the Humber and some of its bigger tributaries. You'd need suitably posh attire to do it right, with the helmsman and other crew wearing blazers and white trousers, and a couple in morning or evening wear sipping appropriate drinks, both according to the time of day, on the top deck.