New to life on the river

matthewhunt1985

Featured Posts

hi there,

Im matthew and i am soon to begin a life on the river. Intitially i wiill be renting a permenant mooring on a 55ft narrowboat and intending to purchase my own boat and moorings sometime next year if everything goes according to plan so wish me luck!

Having done rather alot of reseach the only obstacle i forsee is that of securing permenant residential moorings at good price as they do seem to cost alot.

My question is as follows:

Where should i look to find available moorings preferably within the midlands but not too far away from worcester?

Any help will be greatly apprieciated

Regards

Matthew

My question is as follows:

Where should i look to find available moorings preferably within the midlands but not too far away from worcester?

Any help will be greatly apprieciated

Regards

Matthew

Hello and welcome.

Wigram's Turn Marina has official residential moorings, in the Midlands, but quite away from Worcester, being in Warwickshire.

http://www.castlemarinas.co.uk/marinas/wigrams-turn

Others will be along to suggest other marina's.

Edited by Ray T

I was going to suggest Droitwich Marina - but their website seems to be down with an invitation to access the "Billing area".

Somehow I feel it;s not the same "Billing" as the post above!

http://www.droitwichspamarina.co.uk

Definitely not the same, the only tedius link is that our boats, Oak and Ash were sold there a year ago and are now at Billing!! Edited by stagedamager

Are not some of the moorings in the basin at Droitwich for permanent moored? There was lots of empty pontoons when we were there a coup!e of years ago. Though probably officially leisure use and no facilities other than water.

Edited by pearley