Emilyanne on the Move

DHutch

Featured Posts

Emilyanne is making her first move of the year tomorow.

- Seting off from travelreigh marina, anderton. On her was yo worsley, manchester. Ready for drydock over easter.

Grandads spent today readying her and will be joined by my mum tomorrow and get to preston brook to meet me off the train tomorrow (friday) evening.

- Then onto worsley boat yard after that.

As yes we will be doing the work outselfs, just presurewashing it off and two coats of the two-part vinal stuff.

- Also hopefully we will ge tthe bowthruster working, and a few other bits of work on the aft deck and battery compartment.

But if anyone else is going to about give us a shout as we pass, your welcome aboard as well if you have the time.

See you out there.

Daniel

Emilyanne is making her first move of the year tomorow.

- Seting off from travelreigh marina, anderton. On her was yo worsley, manchester. Ready for drydock over easter.

Grandads spent today readying her and will be joined by my mum tomorrow and get to preston brook to meet me off the train tomorrow (friday) evening.

- Then onto worsley boat yard after that.

As yes we will be doing the work outselfs, just presurewashing it off and two coats of the two-part vinal stuff.

- Also hopefully we will ge tthe bowthruster working, and a few other bits of work on the aft deck and battery compartment.

But if anyone else is going to about give us a shout as we pass, your welcome aboard as well if you have the time.

See you out there.

Daniel

Have a good trip through the tunnels I will be out this weekend i will give you a wave if I see you

regards

Hi,

Didnt pick up the last of the messages, but im back now, and the boat is at worsley safe and sound.

- The boat made it to moore for friday night, where as planned, i joined it in time for tea.

- We them made good time on saterday and got to worsley in the last of the light, and spent sunday planning and doing some light prelinary work.

We unfortualy found the forward cabin bed had at some point over winter got rather damp, and dispight it looking perfectly fine ontop, was very much damp and mouldly underneath. - Slight supprise for my mum at half 10 last night!!

- However, other than that it all went very well and we had no trouble at all, and the boat just had a 5week wait untill its our turn to dryout...

The boat will hopfully remain in the area for a further 2months, before moving further north from there as soon my summer vacations begin.

Daniel

After we leave worsley/leigh area towards the end of june we will be heading up the huddersfield canal, hopefully to wakefield, and then back down the rochdale. (or, possably, the otherway round). Then proberbly returning to anderton for winter.

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Just to remind anyone whos interested that we are going into drydock tomorrow for the week.

If anyone wants to come and have a nosey, have a go with the old two-part paint lark, see how our bowthruster shapes up, have a cheaky cup of tea, or whatever.

- We should be there basicaly all week, or if else you can get in touch via phone.

- If you PM ill give you my phone number. As long as you dont go subscribing me to any more dodgy text companys!!

But yeah, should be a good week.

- Got the blacking to do, rudder modifications, work on the bow thruster, that sort of thing!

Daniel

If you PM ill give you my phone number. As long as you dont go subscribing me to any more dodgy text companys!!
- now why didn't i think of that before..... finds dans number lol. :(:lol:

Will you be taking a nice lot of pictures?

That was then just crossing the barton aquaduct.

- They then passed us on there return leg the following day, while we where moored at worsley.

Very nice boat, very manoveable and elagantfor its size as well.

Daniel

Yeah, its quite possable.

- No one does live on her at the moment, so if where not crusing, shes often not inhabited.

As for the drydock report. All is going well.

- The replacment bowthruster batterys arrived just after we did, and with them fitted, and the partially dissabled thruster put backtogether, it worked like a dream!!

We then took the motor unit off again, followed by removing the propleg from within the tube, to investiate oil seals, and the loss of oil recently.

- But it turns out that it was the anode that was at fault! Or more precisely, its fixing. Which for some bizzard reason is a though hole into the gearbox/propleg housing. And the seals where fine.

The oil had clearly got a fiar bit of water in it, and was a nice creamy emulsion, and we had new seals.

- So while we were at it we did a full service on it, washed the oil out, replaced the seals, applied some feash oil, and rebuilt it.

- So thats geting fitted back tomorow, along with the new batterys, a cleaned up prop, and a replacment oil hose.

Daniel

Boats coming on well, if a little behind on our intiall plan.

- The recondtioned bowthruster is all sorted, refitted, and working.

- The new anodes are on, and all the bear-metal blast primed ready for zinc primer tomorrow.

- The welder we had T'ed uo for the rudder and hatch guttering was a no-show, and is till not returning calls.

- However we have fond a local, who we took the rudder to this afternoon, and who will also do the guttering for us.

- And the replacment part for the sheared off weedcutter bit-thingy should arrive in the morning post tomorrow.

The boat next to us looked ready to refloat when it came it, and has now had four coats of blacking applied.

- So looked very much more organised than our unblack, red/grey spotted hull, with only three days left! Hey oh!!

Also John O, i though you where coming for a noisey? No sightings yet!! We be there at 9am tomorow though till evening.

Daniel