Where are all the volockies...?

Rob-M

Featured Posts

It's an Internet forum, the last bastion of freedom for the bizarre, what's wrong with having your eyes poked out with a pointed stick and being hung, drawn & quartered before breakfast? Trials are a waste of money which is desperately needed for the dredging of the canals - planned for the year 2099 it seems...

finally found sone today at Atherstone, pleasant enough and only offered help if required. Good to have someone to close the gates so I didn't have to stop and shove them with a short shaft.

Today started with the welcome sight of two volunteers on the locks at Hillmorton.

Unfortunately by the end of the morning, one (who had only just started) was sacked and the other (a trainee) sent to another location.

This was apparently due to an alleged complaint from one boat, and the resulting "social" media.

The boaters apparently declined advice to use one of the pair of locks that was ready for them and filled another to "use the water they had bought down with them".

Is that tatty plastic boat still hindering the lock at Hillmorton?

I did like the Elsan cubby-hole at Hillmorton - unlike so many where hoses have been removed for 'hygiene reasons' so how are you supposed to fill the thing balanced on a knee trying to shove it onto the tap that you have to keep pressing, really Dumb & Dumber, what twit came up with that clever idea? I should like to empty our Elsan onto their bed.

Today started with the welcome sight of two volunteers on the locks at Hillmorton.

Unfortunately by the end of the morning, one (who had only just started) was sacked and the other (a trainee) sent to another location.

This was apparently due to an alleged complaint from one boat, and the resulting "social" media.

The boaters apparently declined advice to use one of the pair of locks that was ready for them and filled another to "use the water they had bought down with them".

An unpaid volunteer must be there because he enjoys canals so why would they want to get into conflict with someone. Let them pass on through there will be many more following grateful for help.

I can't help wondering if certain individuals have a power hungry reason to be in control of a lock, volunteers and boaters.